Really starting to enjoy the bike!

omg that is either the biggest seat that I have ever seen, or the shadows are messing with me. :eek:

sweet ride

how about blue bandit

everyone around here calls mine the Wayde wacker

Beautiful Sunday morning...I did about 12 miles this morning...went to the ATM, then for coffee at Barnes and Noble. Started out around 7:30am, and the streets were relatively empty, so that was nice!

I think the new spark plug has made the bike run more smoother at lower speeds, which is what I was hoping for. I was able to cruise very comfortably anywhere from about 15mph-25mph. Maybe the motor's still loosening up, too, since I put about 200 miles driving very gingerly.

Anyway, here's a couple of pix of my bike in it's current state. Enjoy!

PS. This bike still needs a name...suggestions? :)

Hi Mark, Wish I could have been riding with you... still waiting on mine to come. It must be nice to ride when there is not a lot of traffic. What kind of spark plug did you use? I might need to do that when I get my engine.

I love the looks of your bike! Why don't you call it "blue dog". Reminds me of a book that I read a long time ago called "House of the Blue Dog". I forget that you have the "blue" moon dog. Looks great!

Where did you get the carrier on the back? I like that one. Would like to have one of those myself!

Last edited:
I just ordered a new rear bag...and the front bag will be replaced, too...too saggy.

I found a nice rear bag for about $34 at http://www.Modernbike.com - the Axiom Columbus Trunk Bag - Shipping only $4.99 and it's on sale.

Man, I can't stop buying stuff for my Doggie!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a new rear bag...and the front bag will be replaced, too...too saggy.

I found a nice rear bag for about $34 at http://www.Modernbike.com - the Axiom Columbus Trunk Bag - Shipping only $4.99 and it's on sale.

Man, I can't stop buying stuff for my Doggie!

Cool Mark... I want a rear bag for mine too but it's way down on the list. My first two things are headlights and tires. When I'm ready for the bags, I will check out the site though. Sounds like you got a good deal and the shipping is great.

I've already ordered a helmet. that will be here Wed. or Thurs. it's a full face DOT helmet with visor. can't wait. My kit should be here Wed. or Thurs. too. Yea!!!.. can't wait.

Today I'm going for some lights a Home depot. I don't know if you saw my post or not but here's the link: http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=11767

It shows how to make a cheap set of lights with just hardware that you get from Home Depot. Plus they look pretty cool (to me anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to be back on the Bike!

Well, my wife came back, so I am once again riding my bike. I haven't ridden it since Thursday, because I had to watch my son and my wife wasn't home to save me in case I got stranded somewhere.

Over the weekend I did some maintenance....re-greased the sprockets, checked for loose nuts and bolts (with fingers, not wrenches - I don't want to break the loctite seals), and then I replaced my clutch cable.

I was complaining that it's been hard to pull lately, and I took out the cable to add some grease, and found that a couple of strands had broken loose which was causing the friction. So I went to wallyworld to get a replacement brake cable, and they were out of stock (gee, that's unusual!) so I went to the local bike shop....again, what a pleasant surprise! They remembered me (you're the guy with the cool motor-bike!)...and he hooked me up for CHEAPER than Walmart! He cut the right length for me, then gave me the ends to crimp on...WOW - it's like "butta" now!

I have the springer forks from Spooky on the way, so I asked them what specialized tools I would need to replace it, and they suggested if I'm not going to be doing this a lot, that they'll be happy to do it for me for just $30. OOOOKKKKK! It would have costed a lot more just in the tools! Done deal.
So when it arrives (hopefully in the next day or so) I'll ride over and let them do it, and watch so I can do it myself next time if I want to pick up the tools. Anyway, I wanted to mention this, because I know a lot of you have come across bad vibes at bike shops...so I say - don't go in expecting to be treated like ****, give them a chance. If they are ****s, well, then of course I'll let them know that as I leave without buying anything. ;)

I also bought a new rear bag - an Axiom with short panniers on it. $35 from http://www.ModernBikes.com - not bad! It is already on it's way, too.

So I'm glad I rode today...very nice day today in South Florida...although 91 degrees! Glad I'm riding with a chrome helmet - it reflects the light and heat very well. I think I'm going to leave work and make the ride to the beach that I've been dreaming about for a while - I trust the bike finally! :)

OK, Cya!
Mark

It's 93 out here but in Colorado the air is dry so the lack of humidity is an epic win!
I wear long sleeve shirts when I ride cause my bike keeps me cool while the roadies have to drink mass quantities of fluids.

Back