Rear wheel bearing for Huffy single speed bike (crankbrook and etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougsr.874

Local time
3:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy these bearing and even what size to ask for.....My searchs have turned up nothing ..except some say its not
the diameter to ask for but the number of balls....Any help is appreciated

Are your bearings loose or in a cage? If they're loose you need to measure them with a micrometer/dial caliper and see what size you need. Some are 1/8th in, 3/32nd in etc. Then you just buy them say 24 to a bag or so. If they're in a cage we both need help to ID correctly.

I bought those bearings once. I'll try to remember just where. But I might have to think about it a bit. Still, just off the top of my head, I'd guess that it was either www.huskybicycle.com or www.niagaracycle.com

I kinda doubt if it could be anyone else.

The way I recall it that hub has three bearings. The two actual hub bearings (wheel bearings) plus an inner bearing that is smaller than the two outers.

And I believe that's a nine ball cage.

You could also garbage pick some child's bike that's been thrown away to get these bearings. But I'd still look for an online source for new ones. That could come in handy one day.

Those Huffy single speed rear hubs don't seem to be all that strong. Get in the habit of taking it apart and cleaning and re-greasing pretty often. It's not hard to toast those bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back