Rear Wheel

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by hammerforge, Oct 22, 2008.

1. hammerforge

hammerforge New Member

Hi All!

I am interested in investing in a new rear wheel for my monstrosity. There are a few specific criteria I am looking for.

1) It needs to have the International Standard 6 hole mount for a disk brake (I intend to upgrade to one of andyinchvilles top hat style hub mounts so I can directly attach a hub to my wheel rather than spokes).

2) it needs to accommodate a cassette style shifter as in the long term I would like to upgrade to a sick bike parts style shifter system.

3) It needs to be heavy duty enough that I do not kill the danm thing over a short period of riding.

I have already eliminated the HD axle as lacking the abillity to attach a cassete shifter, and am looking for recomendations regarding either a reasonably priced hub and rim combination or prebuilt wheels.

There are two in specific I am looking at and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with either of them.

2. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

There are many things to look for but always get a good grade of DP stainless steel spokes. Also, the more spokes, the stronger the wheels will be. Go at least 36 or more................ PS ( But double wall rims if you can)
  3. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

4. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

What exactly were you doing when you came across this 4 year-old thread?