Rebuilding the China engine

Even with the 6202-2RS\C3 the case has developed stress fractures around the bearing seat when the bearing was pressed into the case. Mao's boys are a little off on their machining, there's hope for us yet, but the Kings motor is doomed to structural failure at some point. Never the less I will "endeavor to persevere" with the project. So a warning to those that follow the RBI Bearing U.S.A. 6202-2RS\C3 made in China requires additional enlarging of the bearing seat to properly fit. -Edward

thought you where the one going to go on a cross country race.....never heard what happended

My bike was a vibratory experience on the 101 mile ride that I made last spring. My hands didn't stop aching and swelling for three days. I would still do it again but cross country? Not yet. Must be some other guy, with a suspension. :D

Used a dremel cutter tool to deepen the bearing seats. Not a precision job but eyeballed it old school. The engine halves slid back together and now the rotating mass is actually rotating without difficulty. Most of the extra bits are on and I'm trying to get these damn woodruff keys to stay put while I get the gears on...grrr.

Well its all together, now to wait for all this snow and ice to melt. I'll pull off the toasted 49cc from the trusty Stingray and put the original 80cc back on.

The engine swap went so fast it was unreal, setting me up for the inevitable, try to start this thing at night with the temperature at a balmy 10 degrees. So I pedaled and pedaled until I was ready to hurl and fall off into the welcoming snow. What was I thinking? I need one of those starter machines like Burt Munroe. Well everything seems tight, at least at this temperature. I'll wait until warmer air wafts over the prairie before I try again, like maybe above freezing.-Edward

It fired today 40 degrees but is still tight and won't idle. I'm swapping out carbs.

Back