Recommended Engine Oil Brand?

Whizzer and oil

Hi Guys, just a quick note.

I will NEVER use multi-grade NOR synthetic oil in my Whizzers, UNLESS they come up with a 40-50 wt synth, then I MIGHT be tempted to try on fully broken in engine.

Mike

Synthetic 20-50W

Hi and thanks for the response. I just found a fully synthetic 20-50w at a local supplier her in Vancouver Washington. the only reason I would want to use it is because of Dave at Whizzer in Carleton Texas saying the operating temperature was reduced near 20 degrees. BG

Hi Galliano,
Here are the facts,

I was the one that located the front tire against a building, opened the throttle untill the clutch smoked, removed the glaze from the shoes, and repeated the process until 95% to 100% of the shoes contacted the hub. End result was a record setting, wheelie machine, that managed 40.3 MPH in 150 feet[ask JBCruise on this site, as he rode it]. I doubt the clutch will fix itself by making it smoke, but will in fact glaze the shoes so badly it might just stop moving forward completely. I would also avoid using the "smoke" method on the latest version of the clutch because it may cause the roll pins to snap from the 1/8" contact area in the hub, and spin the drive pulley on the hub [serious problem].
I ran actual Dyno tests with Mobile One synthetic oil. I even tested it in a motor for almost 1000 miles. Facts are............. Not a single degree of motor tempature difference, because the oil is thinner it foamed quickly, and left the motor via the vent system [5 to 7 ounces in 15 miles at WOT]. The exact top speed [68 MPH] on the Dyno using Mobile One synthetic & Shell straight 40 weight.

The average NE motor doesn't complete break-in until 500 miles, and synt. stops the rings & cylinder from mating completely, and I don't agree with certain experts, but if you must use synthetic, at least wait until after the 500 mile mark.

All of my record setting motors used straight 40 Wt, but I change it about every 200 miles after break-in, after all how expensive is 8 ounces of regular oil. During break-in I change at 50 miles, 100 miles, 200 miles, 400 miles [whoops, there goes an entire quart], and every 200 miles thereafter. I have motors with over 6000 miles of "rough" treatment, and they maintain the same compression, start easy, idle, run cooler, and get great mileage.

Please don't consider this post as bashing anyone's advice, but I actually test these concepts and supply the facts to anyone interested.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.

Thanks Quenton
I will go with what you say about the oil. My manual states to stay with the strait 40w. I will also follow your advice on the clutch also. Its the actual users who gain the useful the experience with nothing to sell except helpful advice. Thanks again for the help and good advice. Bg

Yes I was there & rode the "wheelie machine". It's an amazing Whizzer. I always write to check out that Quenton's feet are off the ground. Is anyone getting tired of me posting this pic yet? Hope not. And I'm still using Castrol 40 weight oil.

Attachments

• Visit to Quenton 012.jpg
    Visit to Quenton 012.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Visit to Quenton 013.jpg
    Visit to Quenton 013.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
A Darker Colored Oil

It would be helpful to have an oil that can be SEEN on the Whizzer dipstick!

Castrol 40W has the color of water, and one must FEEL the dipstick to "see" the oil level!

I remember years ago there was an automotive oil that was called "Royal Triton".

It was a beautiful deep purple!

HAL

Darker Oils:

HEY GUYS...

I was not necessarily looking for Royal Purple in SAE40...I was looking for ANY premium oil that stands out well on the dipstick!

The oil I was thinking of was called Royal Triton, and its commercial spokesperson was Marylin Monroe!

Thanks...
HAL

Last edited:
Back