recumbent meets rackmount - the perfect match

well this is going to be my winter project i already have the trek y26 in the garage for the conversion, will order the kit come fall and i have a powertrain on the way.

(man i need a shrink i tried too sell my tanaka a couple of weeks ago but instead of selling, i now have another engine been shipped to me this very minute !!!!! I NEED HELPPPPPP!!!!)

Found this on youtube last night it looks like underloons beat me to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM67hP-KXOI

Seems like motorizing a recumbent makes more sense than just pedaling one, you at least get a laid back seating arrangement.

donor bike is in the garage
engine kit is on the shelve
conversion kit is on the way......

This was supposed to be my winter project... so much for that idea, i will do the conversion first and lay off motorizing for a while until i get the hang of riding FRONT wheel Drive....

vegaspaddy!
Thats a good idea, ride the bike with the kit first.. You'll find your hands are pretty full at first learning to ride it , with confidence, and you will .. I'm thinking of going electric, with the same mount I have now as gas.. Let us know how you get along, and take pix.. Bill

hi bill,

you can expect plenty of pms as soon as i get a chance to build it, i might wait of for a little, i really need to buy a quality workstand (park tools) and once i get that then i will be on my way,

how are your bikes riding, the power assist makes it so much fun, you can ride all day long as if you going down a mountain in the ALPS !!!!!!

keep dropping in, best wishes VP..

My kit should be here tomorrow,

the only problem now is were to post..... Rackmount or motorized recumbent

Decisions, Decisions !!!!!!!!

:giggle: My secondhand conversion kit arrived today, (can you see the grin on my face... new toys)

http://www.cruzbike.com/kit.html

So this is what i have sitting in my garage along with my ebay trek Y26 to mount it on, really looking forward to building this but wont get a chance to at least sunday evening.....

Once i get comfortable with the bike etc, i have gebe robin subaru 35cc to add on but that probably wont be fitted to the end of the summer...

vegaspaddy,,, You better get another kit , cause Honey is gonna take that one away from you.. My bikes are running great, but I'm thinking of going electric on my mongoose kit, if I can find a way to mount the batterys down low.. Have fun ... Bill

Dont worry RE she cant ride two wheels, early childhood drama

besides she already has the coolest recumbent on the street EZ3 AX with electric and honda 50cc am the one who keeps stealing her ride !!!!

the morf has begun !!!!

couldn't resist spent a couple of hours messing tonight.....

just to get this far took a couple of hours messing, learning curve developing fast altough i am not looking forward to setting up the gears.

I will throw this together real quick, mess with it, take it apart and send it to the paint shop for a powder finish....

i already have a brand new Judy rock shock waiting for the finished bike, its going to cazy riding this thats for sure !!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 250
Back