Recumbent section?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by seabillco, Jul 30, 2008.

1. seabillco

seabillco Member

Just an idea that you may have already considered...
    I have found that recumbent MBs present unique issues and it might help to have a section just for them.

Thanks for a great forum!
    Steve G
    Grants Pass, Oregon

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

check in search
  3. pumpbuilder

pumpbuilder Member

The search has very little dedicated to recumbents, we could use a section.
  4. cheeseman

cheeseman New Member

I agree, Recumbents are growing in popularity everyday. I think they deserve their own section on the forums.
  5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Hmm... Would we just have a general recumbent forum in the garage you think?
  6. pumpbuilder

pumpbuilder Member

Being new to the forum that sounds good to me... but I am unsure how visable that would be.
  7. loquin

loquin Active Member

Motors mounted on a recumbent would almost always be a rack mount, correct?
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

9. pumpbuilder

pumpbuilder Member

I think some of the bents could go different but most would go rack.
  10. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

OK we now have builds all over the place aerogoblin has his thread stuck in general disscussion

"Motors mounted on a recumbent would almost always be a rack mount, correct?"

Not if its a trike and you get Statons chain drive its mounted at the rear axle closer too the ground than the rack. Their are at least 3 of these going on right now posted in general dissussion and 4 stroke engine sections.

"check in search"

Unless recumbent is in the title search is useless.

fellow recumbers, keep posting in numbers we will conquer....
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  11. cgbjake

cgbjake Member

Recumbents are still considered Bikes, please give us a section or two. Once you Bent, you never go back. Maybe thats what they're afraid of!
  12. Butch

Butch Guest

I would agree that most recumbents would be best suited for a rack mount. This is a SWB recumbent that I built this summer to accept a frame mounted Honda 4 stroke with the Grubee gearbox. Excellent running setup and a very comfortable ride.

Attached Files:

13. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

come on Butch play ball, you see, just you replying to this thread because of the title

"section for recumbents",

our bikes are unique in the fact that they can have 2 or 3 wheels, can be LWB or like yours SWB, can be delta or tadpole, that in itself should be enough reason to start up our own little section, click , cubby hole.....
  14. tinker4

tinker4 Member

I vote for a new Bent area for those of us who ride them! :grin:
  15. Tom

Tom Active Member

hehehe, i am feeling the pressure. How about this. Make a specific suggestion as to the name of the forum, the description, and location. Also, give a few example threads I can move in there to get the forum going. We will see if we can try it out for a while. If it starts taking off, we can make it permanent.
  16. cgbjake

cgbjake Member

I'd like to suggest to just add a thread under the Garage/Tech section. I'm sure it will grow from there with topics that people are interested in. A quick search with recumbent will give you everything that you could move over to populate and vuola, happy bikers! Thanks for considering!

17. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

sorry tom,

its the irish blood in me stuborn as an A#$*,

F#$@ i just realised i might have to log in every day and post, if you get something up and running for us !!!!

Maybe i could take close ups of TIRE WEAR !!!!!!!
  18. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

19. Tom

Tom Active Member