Red/yellow wire

350zdrftr

Local time
6:06 AM
Ok I need help with my wiring I finally finished everything up had to custom fab my chain . Ok this is how my directions read.
Black to black
Blue to blue
Green to ground , I hooked it up to the black is this ok?
Yellow w/red stripe to white wire

Now according to my directions I can't use the white wire for a light source , does that sound correct ? Thanks to all that reply

what is the yellow /red wire ? One site said it was a ground , so if I hook up a ground to the white wire like it's asking me too won't that harm it?

If yellow with red stripe is coming from the stop switch splice into the blue wires. That is what instructions say. White wire is for light, 6 volt small watt light bulb. Need a switch from engine to light. May want to narrow plug gap or it may stop running at full stops. will be harder to start with light on.
Seems a lot of different instructions for these engines.
Have you tried it the way your instructions say ? May be easier on the system. Might think of adding a off /on switch in blue wire. Not as hard on system if you turn it off that way. Use kill switch on bars for emergancy. Good Luck.

No I will try it that way tonight it just worried me to hook it to the white wire

Most of the instructions for the china engines are blue engine to blue CDI. Black engine to black CDI. White to the kill switch. I ran one kill switch wire to the white and one to black. If you remove the mag cover you will see the black wire just grounds to the engine. I used inner tube pieces to pad my motor mounts so I don't have a solid motor to frame ground. You can power a light with the white wire but any draw on the white is dropping the output voltage of the blue wire. The white wire is on a separate winding in the mag. When you ground it out or put to much draw from a light it kills the output of the blue high voltage wire and kills the motor.

I've read there are older Russian made motors that had a different mag that had a white designed to run a light.

Back