reed valve or boost bottle

alpha

Local time
3:51 AM
if its a question that has been asked sorry

but whats better, im guessing the reed valve, but is there any purpose to doing both, im guessing not cause the reed valve prevents back wash of gas back into the carb.

My vote goes to the reed valve option. Not too many real 2- stroke bikes use a boost bottle....
The reed valve prevents blow back of the inlet charge and improves performance by increasing the crankcase pressure to effect a better transfer of the charge to the combustion chamber.

The only thing I ever heard of the boost bottle working on and really good was a Yamaha Banshie ! They had a dual carb set up that sucked and it helped keep them in sink !

then why does everyone use boost bottles?

and do our engines have the capabilty to handle the extra pressure of the reed valve

Boost bottles have questionable functionality.

Just purchase a reed valve - plain and simple.
Install the reed valve intake from Rock Solid Engines and be done with discussing things any further - it a design which works to perfection.

still one question, can the crankcase gaskets and cyl base gaskets handle the extra pressure provided by the reed valve

another question, what would it cost, or the out the door price shipped to cali from AUS anyone have any experance?

@ alpha

My 2-stroke engine seems to have no problems at all coping with the extra pressure.

Your second question is an easy answer - for all the benefits of the Rock Solid reed Valve Intake, you wouldn't even consider the cost.
It doesn't matter how expensive the shipping, the part is "too good", not to have on your bike.

With my experience of this item, even if shipping was $500, i would still lay down the cash.

i understand the benifits, but not having 500 for shipping and useing my bike for transportation and not having 500 dollars for shipping.

i know that was a strech for an example, but if i had that kind of cash i would be driving my v8 crown victoria around, not my bike or my honda....

anyways, im convinced i need the part just interested in the shipping cost.

Fabian if you have that kind of cash, buy a 250 ninja and put a thinner front tire and you will get 100mpg out of a motorcycle

even if it's $1000 for shipping, i would still lay down the cash for the reed valve intake system.

Crikey, i have no exact idea but the last time i did the sums on all the parts and modifications and re-engineering on my motorised bicycle and trailers and touring gear etc, it came out to about $8,000, and i haven't added the GPS linked EFI kit, so the computer can select different injection and ignition maps for different parts of the route ;-)

0_o ..............-_- what ever your doing for a living and what ever your getting paid, i wanna do, US job market sucks in CALI and people are cheap, im lucky enough to have bartered to get all my engines, i couldnt buy a kit right off, i may have spent 200 on parts over the past 6 months.

so a 60 dollar reed valve i have to budget for!

Back