Regen on a WE-style brushed hub motor?

friedlbug

Local time
5:51 PM
I'm quite new to this, so please bear with me. Assuming that the brushed WE-style hub motor does not regen, and I've seen nothing online to suggest that it does, and assuming that it uses permanent magnet (which I'm guessing it might since it's brushed) would it be possible to wire a seperate circuit to each battery in your pack to run them in parallel and flip a switch from your controller to this circuit? Theoretically, since your motor would be running on say, 36 volts, shouldn't it charge the now 12 volt parallel pack while coasting?

I'm guessing that if this were possible someone would have already done it, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

This has got to be slowest board in the history of the world. Either that or everyone's ebikes are put away for the winter.

I have spoken on the phone with them and through e-mail as well (pleasant both ways)
they seem to know what they're doing... try calling, see if they can answer your questions :D

I'm a gas guy but I'm following your thread,fried. Just don't have anything to contribute. Sorry.

as long as your motor has magnets as a posed to an energized stator it will work. super capacitors would do it more efficiently, but your idea will work

Back