Registration in Pennasylvania

cigron

Local time
2:00 PM
I was wondering if we have to register are bikes Pennasylvania. I was told
we do and I was told we don`t. I called the DMV in Harisburg the person
I talked to said he would have to research it and he would get back to me.
I have not heard A thing so far.I guess he for got about me.

I did the same thing you did. The researcher called back in 4 buisiness days, as promised. They didn't find a good answer. Read what has been written in the legal section. We have people looking for answers. Stay tuned.

Go over to the "Motorbiking Laws and legislation" section of the forum, and check out the post from our friend bamabikeguy. It is called " your honor, I'd like to introduce exhibit A". Some really interesting links to the NHTSA. The letters seem to explain why perhaps there is no clear cut law in Pennsylvania. They are under federal jurisdiction as a bicycle as long as under 50cc, 2hp, and pedal assist. I expect to also have an answer in a couple of weeks from the fellow in Hbg. area that is researching paperwork right now.

I was wondering if we have to register are bikes Pennasylvania. I was told
we do and I was told we don`t. I called the DMV in Harisburg the person
I talked to said he would have to research it and he would get back to me.
I have not heard A thing so far.I guess he for got about me.
Email your state's motor vehicle website, asking them.

Specify that you want to put an engine on a bicycle frame, and want to know if it would be legal to ride on public roads.
~

registration in Pennasyvania

I have A copy of the DMV fact sheet in front of me that I got from A
private vendor. it reads 1 engine may not exceed 50cc. 2 may not have more
then 1.5 horsepower.3 Operable pedals required.4 It must have A automatic transmission. 5 top speed no more then 25 mph.6 Does not require inspection
here is the DMV phone number 1 800 932 4600. The problem is no body
knowes what there doing ever time A call them they say they will research it
and get back to me. they never call back. I been riding it past cops
for the last 1/2 year they never gave me A second look.

It is a pretty confusing mess, isn't it. I've been riding here for 4 years now with no hassles. I guess I'll just keep riding my MBs until I'm forced to stop. The only problem I've had is when I was involved in an accident and one of the cops didn't like my bike. He didn't give my a ticket or even a warning, just grumbled and *****ed.

Motorbikemike. Im going to do the same thing.thanks for the reply. I just ordered
A GT2 kit with A 66cc motor. Check it out usabikemotors.com it may be USAbikemotores.com.

cigron has it right. 50cc or less, pedals, under 25 and you're good. My local police have already checked it out.
Once the police found I was legal they stopped me just to ask about the bike!

Total carnage. thangs for the reply the DMV never called back.Im going
to take the side plate of my 66cc and but it on my 48cc.On my frist
build I road by the cops many times. They never gave me A second look
although the DMV says that it needs registered:giggle:.But I like yout idea better if the DMV don`t know s%#&* about it:giggle:im shore the cop no less.

Ahh i got pulled over 1 time.
Probably becase i was riding in traffic with traffic.
Ride down the side and they leave you alone.

No ticket i got let go.

He said go register it.

I would if i didn't have to have a title.

Back