Regret buying the kit I bought!

coolshoeshine

Local time
6:25 PM
So yeah I'm trying to return the kit I bought from thelashop.com and I'd rather get a full refund from them and buy from another website! It was a **** Chinese kit and yeah I didn't find this forum until after I purchased this kit! Well yeah any suggestions on what sites I should buy from and what companies I can get a good quality engine from?

Torque

If you have a Harbor Freight near by, go buy yourself a 1/4" drive torque wrench. They're cheap and again disposable Chinese junk as we call them around here. The small 1/4" drive is plenty big enugh for theses bike engines. I like using smaller tools on stuff like this. It's to easy to over torque nuts and bolts with larger drives. At least it is for me ! I've had a few torque wrenches from Harbor Freight (different size drives) for several years now and there still holding up. Again, don't get discouraged to quickly !

Coolshoe:
This is a personal value issue. If you value RIDING over being challenged by the act of building, adopting a motor and learning new things, then you should return the motor and/or take your loss. You can then buy another motor kit that has a reputation for being easy to assemble and reliability. No shame in that. You'll not be chasing a bad decision you made trying to make it right. However, if you can get excited about the challenge, the opportunity to learn something new...well... then go for it. You have decide what you value most. Personally, I've done both and I've come to realize I value riding more.
-Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike & Coolshoe, I think Mike's remark was valid. Me ? I'd rather ride. I do like challenges too though. But as far as these motorized bikes go, I'd rather have something reliable that I can ride, enjoy and not have to work on and worry about breaking down 10 miles from home. I don't care what motor you use, when you get your bike completed, get it dialed in, and ride it, I'm sure you feel a great sense of pride, accomplishment and enjoyment. I'd love to get into making customized motorized bicycles. My weakest point there is I know virtually nothng about welding. I hate to be dependant on someone else. Good ting I have friend that own's a machine shop ! Remember, quitters never win and winners never quit ! Just build it !

The Sick Bike Parts Engine hardware kit is 9.95. I bought one it had every thing I needed to upgrade the engine fasteners.

Hey Mike & Coolshoe, I think Mike's remark was valid. Me ? I'd rather ride. I do like challenges too though......

Any bicycle engine kit, regardless of who made it, will offer challenges to installation. It has nothing to do with the kits, but the myriad of variations in the bicycles themselves.

If someone justs wants to ride, maybe a moped or 50cc scooter should be considered. (warranty and dealer service)

I doubt you'll get a full refund, plus you will have to do the freight cost - BOTH ways. As an individual shipping the thing, the freight back alone is probably worth keeping it. Every clone kit is pretty much the same, sometimes the extras are a bit better, but the suplied engine hardware is fairly universally garbage....and I found it humorous someone in one of the forums started a thread about how the hardware isn't junk, people just overtorque stuff. While this may be true, I certainly didn't overtighten the JUNK 6 mm nuts, or the M8x1 acorn nuts on my head!!

Anyway, hang in there. To quote Animal house: "we need the dudes"

Every clone kit is pretty much the same, sometimes the extras are a bit better, but the suplied engine hardware is fairly universally garbage....and I found it humorous someone in one of the forums started a thread about how the hardware isn't junk, people just overtorque stuff. While this may be true, I certainly didn't overtighten the JUNK 6 mm nuts, or the M8x1 acorn nuts on my head!!
"
The Grubee 2 stroke kits that I sell are superior to the Raw / PK kits that I used to sell in just about every way and other kits I have seen.
66 cc GT 4
50 cc Gen II

The studs on the Grubee's are black oil hardened from Japan instead of
butter soft metal on the other kits and are really pretty good if they are loctited in place.

The grubee's don't use acorn nuts on the head and the nuts are double
thickness.

So yeah I'm trying to return the kit I bought from thelashop.com and I'd rather get a full refund from them and buy from another website! It was a **** Chinese kit and yeah I didn't find this forum until after I purchased this kit! Well yeah any suggestions on what sites I should buy from and what companies I can get a good quality engine from?

If you really want to stick with this style of engine check this guy out...He is out of stock on engines right now but more on the way soon from what his site says...He does use the Chinese engine but he really does a lot of work on them to get them up to snuff. Needless to say they are a bit more than your average ebay type buy..I bought one for my bike last fall but havent fired it up yet cuz the bikes not done yet...He is very helpfull and really backs up what he says...I have always been able to get a quick answer from him and he has a pretty cool warreny and a TON of info on his site...Anyway, the guys name is Chris Hill and heres his site...

http://www.chrishill.myknet.org/

hi coolshoeshine

well you have found motored bike heaven my friend,

its now up to you, keep the kit and a 100 blokes on here will help you get on the road, or fork out some bigger greenbacks and get a quality kit which will be an easier installation and more time in the saddle and less time behind a spanner !!!!

Getting a refund, well that will depend on the dealer !!!!

AS far as dealers check out the reviews section.

Back