Being of his age, and sort of health history,
perhaps he had a sudden cardiac stoppage,
unconscious before he hit the pavement.

Possibly, even with a helmet, he would have been a goner
That's usually the case when a middle aged man "faints":
"sudden cardiac death", so often it is, when there is no prior history
of fainting due to low blood sugar or low blood pressure;

and ninety percent of the time, they, the sudden death people, just
don't come back, even with instant, paramedic action and shock paddles, etc.

Add in the head injury: have seen the exact situation before, but it was a faint
(heart "attack" = fibrillation = no circulation = quick black out = no pain,

and then a crack of the falling-backward's mans head HARD onto the concrete floor.

I gave CPR but to no avail. In comfort, we can know:
he never felt a thing. He never suffered. He cannot hurt now.

Only his family has to deal with the empty chair.....
The man I tried to save? I learned after by reading the obits.
He was my elementary school principle, retired then, from about twenty years before.
He once "spared the rod" and saved this child. I wish I could have saved him in return,
in gratitude.

Thoughts are with Rhett's family. Only time will help, a bit, to get past this initial stage of
seemingly unbearable grief. He's OK now, in a way.....

So sorry here; we all regret death...as much as we celebrate new life.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Love or "hate"?

Australia must somehow exterminate these aliens,

not their fault to be there in AU. But...they are destroying the indigenous animals, unique to that continent.

Here in Miami, I have handled cane toads (we call them "bufos") since childhood...we'd collect small ones by the bucket full and then dump them gently to the lawn, preferably the lawn of some crabby neighbor.

Off they'd hop in all directions. After a rain, all the little guys would be out,
soaking up the water (toads cannot 'drink'), and eating all the little lawn buggies, and not harming anyone or thing, than the occasional fool-dog that would mouth a toad and learn a quick lesson. We never lost a dog to a cane toad. And once a dog had mouthed a toad, it knew to never do that again.

This is the self-intro forum. This is one of the things I like to do:
video-document:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQfRLlz4B0
waste six minutes of your life?
(it may give you 'sum Zen' in pay-back)

Also, why am I so strange and wordy? My first cousin...my paternal g'mother's first cousin.
Click to hear one of his two surviving radio broadcasts...this one made the very day, within an hour or two of my g'father's sudden cardiac death.

NEWS SCOOP and PREDICTIONS OF THINGS TO COME
http://www.archive.org/details/WWII_News_19450506_Drew_Pearson

Lucky me to have inherited his genetic predisposition to always tell the truth,
and to try to guide thought in the right directions. Like Drew, though, often enough, I err.

So, now you know me: THE FOOL who fears no man or men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg1-ycOQnNs

And I just have to get involved.
I cannot walk away from an incident of any nature, toad robbery, nor strong-arm robbery.

AM NO HERO, but only a witness, to love and death...for this temporary time of mine,
playing a role of some sort, in and for, life.

AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO
AM NO HERO

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I am now Public Target Number One.
I did not post the prime data to YT to "gain" LOOKIT ME I'M A GOOD CIT-ZEN,
I posted it with my REAL name because I am no coward or screen name hidey-poo.

Do you now understand why, now, and it STARTED on that day of my becoming IN THE MIDDLE of a crime in progress,

do you all understand the point of pubishing the data to the 'net?

A: No, I don't suppose that many here or anywhere will 'get it'.
EXPLANATION: IF we all carried hundred dollar digicams of SD quality in our pants pocket,
ready to whip out in case of accident or crisis, MUCH crime of opportunity would simply not happen, then:

Mr. Robber, once the trait becomes common, will think thrice before he robs or knocks down an old lady for her purse, BECAUSE =you=, fellow citizen, are there with a slim, tiny, good camera in your pocket, ready to capture the criminal in the act, or just after the act, and then PUBLISH the data (I gave the po-po a digital dub of the entire memory card, which has much more on it),
in order to give the robbers second thought before taking someone's life in public.

IF we all carried cameras instead of guns,,,,these pooooor thugs would not get themselves into trouble so much,
and little old ladies and young fathers, like that attendant, would not die.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND from video #4, that, too late as I was to get the full action,
the robber saw me getting out the camera and so he abandoned the scene in a big hurry.
It was horrible, the chase of the robber against the attendant, who apparently had nabbed robber's wallet...robber wanted his ID back...he had the till money, but the attendant had the robber's wallet.
HE APPEARED, horrifically, certainly, screaming at and murderously intent
to catch the attendant and, imo, probably, STOMP the victim's head and kill that witness
(my conjecture),

but, I was there, turning on the camera as two men ran around the property, around my car. Robber sees me with camera, could not quite catch the attendant-victim, and so, cut and ran.
THAT is when the digicam was fired up, just after the robber slammed his car door and prepared
to ZOOM away. But I got his license plate, right there, on video, and all of the moments after.

Tonight, a young, alive, Haitian father is at home
with his family, uninjured, but mentally scarred for life.
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME almost guaranteed for his life to come.

Tonght, a young, on-the-up-ladder, male, only twenty, is suffering the tortures of the self-ruined.
I will do my best to help him "rehabilitate".
Yet, he will not be ruined for life. I will see for that, as best as I can do in court.

EVERYONE messes up....no-one died, thank the luck.
HE, the robber, will be salvaged,
and if my testimony in court can be of any use,
I will, with the consent of his victim,
beg the judge for leniency, if the robber is not a recidivist.
It appears likely that he was just...an opportunist...a grab into the till...and it did not go well
after that error, not well for him at all.

SEND HIM HOME with a GPS ankle bracelet, back home, on probation, and promises to make restitution promises to keep for life, and to apologize to ALL,,,, but not to me.

carry a camera? I sure do. I am a journalist by avocation, by blood, and by hook of the crooks.

LOOK at my siggie? The cops hate me. I have beaten the cops worse, now, than one of them
literally beat me, trying to MURDER me, premeditated.

I don't back down from trolls nor bullies of any stripe, ever, period.

Thank Drew (lucky me, for being kin, not proud) for my ability to draw FIRE.

I am in real life, a really sweet, but undependable "friend". Ask AJ?
BUT, I play very real roles of tough to tender.

"Me", in pretend, in this clip.
:D I'll Joan Crawford any of you who mess with my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvAN6tfMhaU
It just cracks me up
So do =I=.
:giggle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkTdOXDkog

Last edited:
Not really a 'bump',

Just want to see if my signature lines now show up in new postings.

I like that here we can edit posts for errors (I make many typos because of dyslexia and bad eyes).

I wish I could edit older posts; like for instance to alter that opening post's sad smilie,
it was an error, but I was thinking of Rhett, and not of new more pleasant things that will come. Moods change with the =whether=, you know what I mean?

Maybe can contribute something to the technical portions of this forum?
I know a fair bit about engine lubrication and oils, as that is a long-time study for me:
lubrication engineering...so I don't rub things the wrong way, not too much, I hope!

siggie should appear below now, I hope. And the last link is comedy, not 'obscene',
it's on Youtube, and is a word every human owes his or her very life unto, but if it's
upsetting to anyone, I will remove it. YT does not allow filth. To me, the ROOT word is
clean. What do you think, all?

Gentle regards,
Reid.

Signature works! Maybe too well....

Last edited:
Whist at the top...

Whilst at the top, so as to not dominate over other new members here,

I note that the word filter will not even allow the "d" word, which is a biblical word and not an abusive word nor a sexual innuendo or offensive word.

Mark Twain and all other great writers (I am no of their ilk) routinely wrote the "d" word into their literature.

Q: if this is a Christian-oriented forum, then why cannot a person use that most basic of Christian words, "****"; as in, "the ****ed thing won't start!"

???

Just trying to learn the ropes, the logics here. Will comply with admin-itions.:eek:

The "d" word, short quote with attribution:

The words "****" and "****" are among favorite words spoken by theologians of the "****-fire" type, that is, as long as they are used in church. These same words used in the local bar or on the athletic field would constitute "cussing" which would not be considered proper. If you are a little uncomfortable even reading about the word "****" just remember the "Authorized" King James Bible uses it quite frequently. Let us look into the etymology of this word "****." We may find some interesting surprises.

The Dictionary of Word Origins written by John Ayto and published in 1990 states the following about the word "****":

****: **** comes via Old French "****er" from Latin "****are," a derivative of the noun "****um." This originally meant 'loss, harm' (it is the source of the English 'damage'), but the verb ****are soon spread its application to 'pronounce judgment upon,' in both the legal and the theological sense. These meanings (reflected also in the derived 'condemn') followed the verb through Old French into English, which dropped the strict legal sense around the 16th century but has persisted with the theological one and its more profane offshoots. Condemn, damage, indemnity.

As we can see, originally the word was neither a "cuss" word nor did it have theological significance. It was a perfectly good word with which to translate the Biblical Greek words "apollumi," "krino," and "apolleia." But when theologians twisted this word out of its original meaning, it became a word which would smear the character of our Father. The world followed the church and used it as a "cuss" word, but it should be noted, that it was the church that turned it into its present meaning, not unbelievers.
source:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bibl...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

---
Oh, darn my sox. I cannot even install the source link without the word filter rendering the link inoperable.

Now, to try tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/nfxm8f

OK, that works, but is a work-around rules here, and if this is a "clean word" only forum,
then why can't we even use biblical words????

I cannot see the logic to rule out the "D" word; it even mangles the Edison quote below,
for he did NOT say "blasted", but he said d - a - m and n. He would be incensed,
but he's dead and no upset to the imbalance of this place where even Christian language is prohibited?

And no, I am not a Believer, but a tolerator of human communcations...within earshot of tiny kids who need not learn four letter words from me, not here, anyway.

Can't even quote the Bible? So confused, r.

Last edited:
Belated...Welcome to Mbc

Hey Reid..Eno in Oz..After your brief intro I thought I would (belatedly) say "welcome" from Oz..Its good to have some elderly statesmen on site..we have mechanical men, techno men and some other wordsmiths who always contribute..The moderators only jump in when the post is in the wrong thread or the terminology "may" offend other members or their audience who may be looking in....Anyway "The Scourge of Oz".. the dreaded Cane Toad..I reckon they must have a small chinese two stroke attached under their back legs as they travel fast between the states and reek havoc at each pit stop..until they run into a baseball bat or a Pirelli (which turns them into a cooked schnitzel on the hot tar)...If you havent as yet got yourself a ride send us some photos of your favourite lubricant as I remember you saying that this was your area of expertise...Anyway going to "splat" some indiginees on the freeway, have a snack, and then ride home again to clear the tread on the tyres..Good luck.. Eno...PS. Love the Jackson Five afro.

Last edited:
G'day Mr Reid

Good to see you wandered over to this forum, friendly lot here, (although it has an ever expanding electric bicycle section) is geared towards ICE bicycles, which is fine, i thought if we got a few of the experienced fellas here from ES it might open the eyes of some of the die hard ICE bike users :) I see a handful of familiar names popping up on the forum here now, first thoughts were they were getting tired of the ES crowd but then i saw YPedal also signed up...can't stay away from Safe im thinking hehehe ...j/k YPedal...;-) Good to see you here also more experience the better...

Anyhootz welcome aboard Reid...hows that underwater prepped bike of yours coming along must be finished by now BUT i haven't seen any YouTube footage!!!1 What The!!! Reid in pool on lectric bike NOW damzit!!!

Okanui_Reid_bike_shark.jpg

KiM

p.s Reid...i liked your lil poem...heres a few for you to ponder...

what is an Aussie talking about when he refers to a 'fanny'

Why would i call someone 'Bluey'

Whats a 'Dag' in Aussie speak Reid? or a 'Drongo' how bout a 'yobbo'

If i saw a 'Joe Blake" what would i be lookin at?... TIP: think Skink with no legs Reid hehe

Im on the 'el Capone' what am i doing Reid?

A 'Tart' isn't always made from pastry in Australia...some Tarts are Human...which ones Reid?

XXXX in In OZ also refers to something other than X-Rated Pr0n LoL... Not that i
would recommend it...VB all the way Fosters for tourists and export :p

If i ordered a "dead horse with sauce" what would be served?

Should keep you amused on G00GlE for a bit...LoL

"Hooroo" - from your old 'Ocker' friend...

Last edited:
Hey Reid..Eno in Oz..After your brief intro I thought I would (belatedly) say "welcome" from Oz..Its good to have some elderly statesmen on site..we have mechanical men, techno men and some other wordsmiths who always contribute..The moderators only jump in when the post is in the wrong thread or the terminology "may" offend other members or their audience who may be looking in....Anyway "The Scourge of Oz".. the dreaded Cane Toad..I reckon they must have a small chinese two stroke attached under their back legs as they travel fast between the states and reek havoc at each pit stop..until they run into a baseball bat or a Pirelli (which turns them into a cooked schnitzel on the hot tar)...If you havent as yet got yourself a ride send us some photos of your favourite lubricant as I remember you saying that this was your area of expertise...Anyway going to "splat" some indiginees on the freeway, have a snack, and then ride home again to clear the tread on the tyres..Good luck.. Eno...PS. Love the Jackson Five afro.
Hello Eno. This is YankeeJester Reid here.

Have read and digested and partially regurgitated (am about to retch on AJ below), all that you say and said, and MORE :devilish:

Thank you for the kind welcome. We are all on the same CRAZZZY page of adult-fun SANITY, walking on all fours (or TWOS, if we consider' AJ's reality)

YankeeJester Reid

Back