relacing wheels

B

bird

after i got hit by a car my front wheel was destroyed but the hub on it was way to nice to just throw away so i relaced it on an old back wheel with 12 guage spokes it matches my back wheel perfectly. it took so long how to figure out the pattern about 5 hours, it sucked having to start over when u get all the spokes in and its lopsided.
81_100_7200_1.jpg

81_100_7201_1.jpg

Glad you figured it out. The spoke tension is all good/even and it's true and round? It took me forever to figure it all out, and I was in a bike shop with people to ask for help. (Admittedly, Heath was pretty instrumental in helping me get the right measurments and starting to the lacing in the right order, I don't think I could do it again w/o help)
not to throw the topic off in the first reply, but what is that orange bike in the background?
I hope the miles treat your wheel well.

the orange bike in the backround is a 77' kreidler flory 50cc 2 speed that me and my dad picked up in eloy for 200 dollors, it barly ran and if it did went like 2 mph so i rebuilt the motor that night and got it going about 35. right now noone realy rides it except my dad when hes goes to get beer. i think hes selling it for like 500.
81_100_7205_1.jpg

ooohh. I like it (and kreidlers in general). I have a secret identity among the MopedArmy forums too (same name) so my eyes are tuned into spotting them wherever I can.
If I was near y'all I may offer to buy it. If you wanna sell it the "Tom Crusiers" are a pretty devoted branch in Tempe and I bet one of them may want to buy it, and you could be sure that it would go to a loving home of a moped enthusiest.
http://www.mopedarmy.com/members/view/tomcruisers/

Back