Remembering sage advice from my elders and mentors

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Aug 4, 2008.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Many times it is better to be kind than right. Generosity is as simple as giving someone what they need because they need it, and never expecting anything in return. Leadership oft times comes through helping those who no one else cares for; the lost and forgotten. Always leave room in your heart for one more. Love with abandonment; with an all-encompassing love. You can make a difference if you can love when no one else does, if you can include when someone needs a place to belong, if you can care when others don't take the time to, and most of all if you just believe in something; it doesn't matter as much what you believe, just as long as you believe in something. There's always a bit of humor in every situation, it helps if you can find it and enjoy it. Never lose hope.
    Just some thoughts I had today...:cool:

2. Also don't sweat the small stuff remember: " M&M, red M&M, they all wind up the same color in the end."
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi unc; please ck mail and call me so we can go to the beach together. mitch
  4. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Thanks for the inspiring words. If I may add, please thank God for each day you wake up and are healthy. Life is short and good health is worth more than all of the riches in the world.
  5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

As someone with chronic pain and muscular issues I will absolutely agree with you there. Live each day to the fullest!!!
  6. stude13

stude13 Active Member

a fond memory of my dad. sat. morning 10oclock. teenager. dad opend the door and say, son if you dont get a job today, i am going to break your plate. i got up started mowing lawns. forward till 65yrs old. just finished working. thanks dad
  7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Stude: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
  8. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

once again riff you seem to have the ability to help us regroup a stay to centerd!! cant wait to see you all at the beach!