Replacement carb for a titan 50cc

Wheres my dog

Local time
9:14 AM
Hello all...

Still have the ongoing problems with my titan 50cc engine... This is a replacement engine from Duane as my first engine had the same problem as this one.

I know he sells a replacement ( oem i think ) carb for the engine, but does anyone know of a better carb that can replace it?

Maybe a Walbro or such???

Here is where I stand right now....

The initial problem was it would only run with full choke on, and would die instantly when moving the choke off.

I did another thorough cleaning yesterday with the carb off. Took out the idle jet and cleaned it very good. Checked the fuel line and filter and threw in a brand new autolite spark plug gapped at .023" just to be safe!

After reassembling it yesterday I tried to start it with full choke and it would not run. I started it with choke off and now it runs at idle but a very rough idle. You can here it surging maybe 400 or 500 rpm's above the idle speed every few seconds or so.

Goosing the throttle gives instant response with no bogging down or cutting out. letting go of the throttle it comes right back down to idle and runs the same way again.

By ear, it sounds like it should be set at the correct idle.... if I adjust the idle screw up a little bit, it still has the surging issue, so I know the idle is not set too low.

I have taken this thing apart for cleaning now 6 or 7 times with no avail.

I love the titan engine for how quiet it is and the torque it has, but this is now the 2nd titan engine in a row with an idle problem.

The fuel is brand new as the fuel tank is too!

Any thoughts?

You seem to be having the same or a similar problem as I did/am. I had a problem where I had to run full choke or the engine wouldn't run at all really. After cleaning the carb I got her to run with the idle jet hole plugged and partial choke. It gets me around although I ordered a new carb from dax since i destroyed the idle jet o ring upon disasembly.

One thing is for sure both our engines are running with a lack of fuel or excess of air. (lean) That is for certain since they run better with restricted airflow.

I definitely think she is running lean as I can tell the engine is way hotter then normal!

Hopefully a new carb will fix the problem, although I was hoping for a better carb this time as in a Walbro....

Just got this half brilliant idea that a honda gxh50 carb might bolt right up!?

I have a part number for an oem one....maybe search the walbro site for an application guide.

I have a Honda 50 and a Titan.

The Honda carb uses a governor. You will have to rig a throttle interface. I bought a Titan carb to put on my Honda. Ended up giving my Honda carb away....

Did you clean out the idle jet? Go to Dax website and they have a video posted how to. It solved my carb problems.

Hey is there any noticeable power/torque difference between the 2 engines? I have decided that if anything carb is getting rigged to my engine its gonna be a mikuni...lol. I just bought a new carb from dax (for multiple reasons) bolted it up, adjusted idle and a/f screw and my engines running rather well. Starts, idles, runs fine except for a few smallish dead spots under heavy load and higher rpms.

I might be able to eliminate them by tinkering with the screw i dunno. I'm happy though I'm rolling down the road. Reliability is my primary concern...power is just a hobby.

Back