Replacing crank seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchopper

Local time
11:47 PM
Yeah I did a search so save your breath on that matter.
Basically I'm just wondering if there are any tip or tricks that would come in handy when removing and replacing the crank seals.Thanks,Alan

Yeah I did a search so save your breath on that matter.
hahahahaha There is Not a lot on info here on seals.... I assume to mean for your 2-stroke chinese engine? Replacement parts should be available from the seller.

Basically I'm just wondering if there are any tip or tricks that would come in handy when removing and replacing the crank seals.Thanks,Alan

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=205075&postcount=2

you might contact Ghost0 or AzBill about how-tos & tips.

Sorry,I meant to mention the engine is a Dax 70cc.I already have the seals I bought for my previous engine.It was a Boygofast that I decided to upgrade the bearings on.I managed to separate the crank and couldn't find a lower crank bearing to fit.Oh well.
It was a good thing,Dax run much smoother.Alan

Yeah, so what happened so that you need to replace your seals?

How old? many miles do you have on your engine?

How did you diagnose the blown seals?
Etc?

thanks

Since the seals are from BGF & the engine is from Dax they probably won't fit.

Pushing 2,000 mi. on my Dax.Developed a erratic idle.Actually accelerates on it own with clutch in.This is not carburetor or throttle cable related.Maybe head,base,case gasket or seals.
I haven't actually had a chance check it out.Been away from my bike.However I thought just in case,it wouldn't hurt to get the lowdown on changing seals.
If you need proof of blown seals before addressing the question that might be awhile.Thanks,Alan

Last edited:
woodchopper:
Any questions previously directed at u have only been from the point of diagnostics & to make sure it doesn't happen again.Replacing seals is rare but not unheard of.
Specifically my posts point being it's good having the knowledge but without the correct parts it's an excercise in futility.
Someone will chime-in with exactly how to do it(hopefually with pics) so IF your going to go ahead concider NOW as being a good time to order from Dax.

Thanks fetor
Like I said I'm not sure it needs new seals.However I do think I have an air leak.Had the same issue with a chainsaw.I suspect replacing the seals should be straight forward.But like just about everything,it never hurts to get get a little advice.Thanks,Alan

woodchopper
The only thing that causes runaway acceleration is a sticking throttle slide, cable .
Pull the air cleaner and actually look into the carb !

OK.I give up.The barrel in the carb must be sticking.
Now on on a completely different note,does anyone have any advice on replacing crank seals assuming that they needed to be replaced.Thanks,Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back