Exhaust replacment gasket?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by miketaco, May 9, 2015.

1. miketaco

miketaco Member

got the bolts out...(the double bolt method was simple and not so scary they kind of seemed like they wanted out)

now my problem is can i get the make ur own gasket maker at autozone and make my own or just order one online .__. it got all effed up when i pulled back the muffler
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

2. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

From my long experience with the 2-strokes (and early 4-strokes) I have found the best exhaust gasket to be:

any metallized heat-riser gasket for an early VW Bug. Like this here @ 59 cents

Napa sells these (just tell em you need a heat riser gasket for single port pre-'70 Bug engine) or order them cheap online!

These gaskets are perfect for any chinagirl 2-strokes or the HS/Titan/GXH50 4-strokes. Anything with same bolt spacing.

Edit: another way to go if you need an exhaust gasket real bad is to just make it out of a beer or soda can. I have done this and it does work!
    miketaco likes this.
  3. miketaco

miketaco Member

ty for input was very useful...

i have napa(out in the boonies) but ordered a cheapy from ebay but next time will do bro looks good... i have just an 80cc china doll

i was stankin about the soda can but i can wait... saw someone used for head gasket or sum was nuts..

hope my intake don't shred when i take it apart...
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  4. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

Naw man, a chinagirl aint that complicated. a doubled-up can slice will work great for an exhaust gasket, intake gasket, too.
    miketaco likes this.
  5. miketaco

miketaco Member

sweet man good to know a quick fix
  6. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

Heh, you know one time I busted my front mounts on a chinagirl and I was a long way from home,

I was near an Ace Hardware tho and i bought a couple big hose clamps.

I hoseclamped the base of that chinagirl jug to the bike frame with 2 of those hose clamps and it never moved again!

Til I replaced it anyway lol
  7. miketaco

miketaco Member

damn we got our self here a regular china bike macgyver here...good stuff bro

doing a quick fix only the fly and pulling it off is always brownie points
  8. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

For an exhaust gasket....fold alum. foil several times and punch the holes in it ...will last forever
    miketaco likes this.
  9. miketaco

miketaco Member

thanks for input...good side note for a stronger on the fly gasket
  10. miketaco

miketaco Member

11. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

There is no limit to the way you can work up an effective exhaust on these little HT motors. I am not even gonna tell you what I've done - but I will brag that it works great!

I attended a local bike night and I did a big inspection of a very raw and wide open Harley (no way I would ever venture into a Harley store). A big part of the support for the exhaust came from SPRINGS that hooked directly onto the engine block.

I don't see why this wouldn't work withe the HT. Put a nice copper fitting over the exhaust port, make a stainless steel bracket to hold it tight, then attach springs from the jug to hold it all in place. No limit to what you could do!
    miketaco likes this.