Replacment studs/bolts

amiga65

Local time
5:16 AM
Getting ready to build My first MB nothing ordered yet, I have read You should replace studs/bolts with higher quality parts, What I would like to know is there a list of studs and bolts that should be changed for 66cc ht or do I just order motor and replace every thing in site? would like to do it right the first time around.
Thanks for any help.

My HT kit arrives tomorrow. I have also been wondering about replacing the bolts. Will I be able to track down most of these bolts at my local Lowes and auto parts store, or will I need to order them directly from a HT retailer?

Thanks,
Jason

i think sickbikes has what you need, if not just buy threaded rod and cut to length and double nut and red and blue locktite where needed.

Thanks for pointing me towards "Sickbikes"! I searched earlier for the upgrade kit that others referred to and didn't have any luck. But found it now.

Ordering the upgrade kit certainly looks like the easiest way to go; however, since my HT kit arrives tomorrow, I will be looking for the quickest route instead of the most convenient. So unfortunately I will be hunting around town tomorrow to try my luck.

Thanks again,
Jason

Look up an Ace Hardware in your area. I am finding they have a good selection of small nuts and bolts. I still shop and buy from the on-line sponsors of this site as well.

Check with your vendor to see if he's replaced anything himself.Some vendors (particularly with expensive kits) replace stuff before it gets to u.....sort-of an insurance policy.
Use Locktite/Threadlock.

Back