RetroEagle

This is the final version of the bike I started over 6 months ago.

Schwinn D7 Cycle
Reversed stem
32cc GEBE two stroke
Tanaka tuned pipe
50:1 mix & Nitro

all white 26 x 2.125 tyres
Debadged and re-decaled

Performance - 35mph (flat road)

Pics Attached.

Jemma xx

Attachments

• 30082008(005).jpg
    30082008(005).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 30082008(007).jpg
    30082008(007).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 30082008(004).jpg
    30082008(004).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 30082008(006).jpg
    30082008(006).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 393
That's outstanding, love that retro look. Have you ever touched that pipe with the back of your leg? That would be an OUCH!

I have touched the pipe occasionally with the back of my leg but it doesnt really get hot enough to hurt and I dont ride in shorts or anything so its not really a problem.

its a bit of a pain since when the bike is pedalled there isnt much clearance between the ankle and the pipe, but since I dont do that much its no so much of a problem.

The coaster brake I tend to position my legs so its loaded up from the other side of the crank.

the biggest problem has been sealing up the silencer on the pipe - I have tried exhaust sealer but it keeps splitting. The latest attempt is the same sealant covered over while still pliable with sellotape (the idea being it stays flexible and therefore sealed)

It rides really very well although I am still somewhat confused as to why you would want to run bicycle tyres at 60psi, thats the highest marking on the tire walls...?

Jemma xx

I'm running 2.125 x 26 @ 45 psi. My old tires were rated @ 60 but I ran them @ 50. Old bones can use all the cushioning they can get.

I am running somewhere around 28 or so, the bike tries to launch into space from even a small bump otherwise and its extremely skittish with the 31psi I used to run..

Jemma xx

Well, my young friend, your's tries to launch because you don't have the amount of gravity working for you as I do.

Well, my young friend, your's tries to launch because you don't have the amount of gravity working for you as I do.

makes sense - I didnt think of that - in retrospect its completely obvious.

On the upside having the pipe under the saddle means I get a nice warm behind after about a 1/4 mile which will be nice when the weather gets colder.

Only thing that I would like is a front pannier rack or a trailer but I am too broke for that *sigh*. Oh and the idiots who walk out in front of me to lose their gene-pool certificate...

Jemma xx

Very nice ol bike. Maybe you could wrap the offending portion of the tuned pipe in exhaust header fabric. It comes in many colors including black and will insulate the pipe to keep you and your paintjob safe.
I really like it, good job!