Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by JemmaUK, Aug 30, 2008.

1. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

This is the final version of the bike I started over 6 months ago.

Schwinn D7 Cycle
    Reversed stem
    32cc GEBE two stroke
    Tanaka tuned pipe
    50:1 mix & Nitro

all white 26 x 2.125 tyres
    Debadged and re-decaled

Performance - 35mph (flat road)

Pics Attached.

Jemma xx

Attached Files:

2. kerf

kerf Guest

That's outstanding, love that retro look. Have you ever touched that pipe with the back of your leg? That would be an OUCH!
  3. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I have touched the pipe occasionally with the back of my leg but it doesnt really get hot enough to hurt and I dont ride in shorts or anything so its not really a problem.

its a bit of a pain since when the bike is pedalled there isnt much clearance between the ankle and the pipe, but since I dont do that much its no so much of a problem.

The coaster brake I tend to position my legs so its loaded up from the other side of the crank.

the biggest problem has been sealing up the silencer on the pipe - I have tried exhaust sealer but it keeps splitting. The latest attempt is the same sealant covered over while still pliable with sellotape (the idea being it stays flexible and therefore sealed)

It rides really very well although I am still somewhat confused as to why you would want to run bicycle tyres at 60psi, thats the highest marking on the tire walls...?

Jemma xx
  4. kerf

kerf Guest

I'm running 2.125 x 26 @ 45 psi. My old tires were rated @ 60 but I ran them @ 50. Old bones can use all the cushioning they can get.
  5. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I am running somewhere around 28 or so, the bike tries to launch into space from even a small bump otherwise and its extremely skittish with the 31psi I used to run..

Jemma xx
  6. kerf

kerf Guest

Well, my young friend, your's tries to launch because you don't have the amount of gravity working for you as I do.
  7. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

makes sense - I didnt think of that - in retrospect its completely obvious.

On the upside having the pipe under the saddle means I get a nice warm behind after about a 1/4 mile which will be nice when the weather gets colder.

Only thing that I would like is a front pannier rack or a trailer but I am too broke for that *sigh*. Oh and the idiots who walk out in front of me to lose their gene-pool certificate...

Jemma xx
  8. kerf

kerf Guest

Don't give up on the accessories, be Christmas before you know it.
  9. astring

astring Member

nice ride
  10. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Very nice ol bike. Maybe you could wrap the offending portion of the tuned pipe in exhaust header fabric. It comes in many colors including black and will insulate the pipe to keep you and your paintjob safe.
    I really like it, good job!
  11. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Beautiful bike, Jemma
  12. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

Oh, Jemma! What a gorgeous bike. I wouldn't have expected anything less from you.
  13. Hive

Hive Guest

Jemma's Gem Schwinn

You got my attention, and everyone else as well.

You have done it well. Must be interesting to be standing on street and see you whizzing on by on your eye-catching Nitro-powered Schwinn ride.

And, yes, a "knee-action" fork does bring some challenges with it, but it appears you have that controlled as well. Very good!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  14. LordMaximo

LordMaximo New Member

Very sharp and impressive bike you have there. The green is a very catchy blend.
    Have you done a video for you-tube? It would be nice to here and see you on the go :cool:

15. BSA

BSA Guest

Quality bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Irish John

Irish John Guest

She's a stunning bike Jemma. having seen the green one I wish I'd chosen green & not black. I like how you get to keep the Schwinn tank with a rear mount and I agree that 60psi makes for a hard ride. About 40 is what I like. You do lose the spunky rear rack though which is also a stunner with its pointy end.
    The horn need to be wired up to the handlebars so you don't have to lean down to sound it. The front fender is so gorgeous. I'm becoming a D7 afficionado now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  17. NICE BIKE! :)

its quiet attention grabbing have you been stopped by the police? i live in england and its something im worried about, less so than you considering the green paint job.:p
  18. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Been stopped once - mainly cos the coppers wanted to have a look at the bike and my legs I think (they werent exactly hiding the glances). I've since got a helmet and they dont seem to worry any more.

It does look quite good - but around here I dont get that many glances - if anyone realises I just get a strange sorta 'weird person' look - some people will come and talk about the bike, usually older guys. White and white tires seems to go really well.. I'd like to get a chromed motor casing but I cant find one for the tanaka and I cant afford a new engine (nor do I need one).

Moped riders dont like it when I overtake them.

As to the videos, im not over techy when it comes to that, and not really that keen on cameras..

Jemma xx
  19. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Beautiful bike Jemma!! If you ever decide to do something about the proximity of your shin and the exhaust, you might look at pedal extensions. They are made for recumbents.
  20. graucho

graucho Active Member

Simply stunning. And the bike is beautiful too. HeeHee, thats one of the best
    looking MB's ive seen. Everything fits to the eye. Lips smiling, head shaking yes. Two thumbs up. graucho