RetroEagle

This is the final version of the bike I started over 6 months ago.

Schwinn D7 Cycle
Reversed stem
32cc GEBE two stroke
Tanaka tuned pipe
50:1 mix & Nitro

all white 26 x 2.125 tyres
Debadged and re-decaled

Performance - 35mph (flat road)

Pics Attached.

Jemma xx

Attachments

• 30082008(005).jpg
    30082008(005).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 30082008(007).jpg
    30082008(007).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 30082008(004).jpg
    30082008(004).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 30082008(006).jpg
    30082008(006).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 393
Jemma's Gem Schwinn

You got my attention, and everyone else as well.

You have done it well. Must be interesting to be standing on street and see you whizzing on by on your eye-catching Nitro-powered Schwinn ride.

And, yes, a "knee-action" fork does bring some challenges with it, but it appears you have that controlled as well. Very good!

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a stunning bike Jemma. having seen the green one I wish I'd chosen green & not black. I like how you get to keep the Schwinn tank with a rear mount and I agree that 60psi makes for a hard ride. About 40 is what I like. You do lose the spunky rear rack though which is also a stunner with its pointy end.
The horn need to be wired up to the handlebars so you don't have to lean down to sound it. The front fender is so gorgeous. I'm becoming a D7 afficionado now.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE BIKE! :)

its quiet attention grabbing have you been stopped by the police? i live in england and its something im worried about, less so than you considering the green paint job.:p

Been stopped once - mainly cos the coppers wanted to have a look at the bike and my legs I think (they werent exactly hiding the glances). I've since got a helmet and they dont seem to worry any more.

It does look quite good - but around here I dont get that many glances - if anyone realises I just get a strange sorta 'weird person' look - some people will come and talk about the bike, usually older guys. White and white tires seems to go really well.. I'd like to get a chromed motor casing but I cant find one for the tanaka and I cant afford a new engine (nor do I need one).

Moped riders dont like it when I overtake them.

As to the videos, im not over techy when it comes to that, and not really that keen on cameras..

Jemma xx

Beautiful bike Jemma!! If you ever decide to do something about the proximity of your shin and the exhaust, you might look at pedal extensions. They are made for recumbents.