Ride Across America

Local time
6:57 AM
Hello everyone GREAT to find this site should be a wealth of knowledge and a great place to communicate on the road.

I have been planning my trip now for 3 months and will be leaving this week!

Why ride across america on a 48cc bike you ask.... ? I say WHY NOT.

I have taken 2 month leave of absence from work to do this.

Well anyways, just thought I'd get som feed back, I am going from Tampa Florida to Los Angels CA. I have planned maticulously and have everythng I could need (parts, etc etc). (heel I could **** near build another engine... which may actually happen).

Anyways, I am doing this for multiple reason but I'll keep my reasons to myself unless people really want to know my CAUSE.

Well nice to meet all of you and , I will be posting photo's, blogs etc on my site and **** maybe even here daily or bi-daily depending on Wi-Fi

P.s. My bike is a 2010 Diamondback Drifter 2 cruiser (all aluminum), 48 CC Grubee engine etc etc

I'll try and post pics later as I have to get back out and ride some more as I just put another new engine on it for the trip and need to break her in

Saw your intro but I'll say Hi here and welcome to MBc. Sounds like quite an adventure so sure, tell us more, sounds like you'll be a good ambassador to the sport of MBs.
Here's to a satisfying and fulfilling journey, ride safe and responsibly, look forward to your updates.

Good luck. I hope you have a great ride and are carying a couple spare HT engines ;-)

Last edited:
I would look up the states that is not legal and skip those and map your route, unless of course you have plates,lights,insurance,license,dot aproved helmet...lucky youre not going threw NY.

YAY... hit Atlanta today, Now time to head west. Engine still runnin like a champ 400+ miles in. Oh, and I met some random person today they had a little scooter that was just sitting around (4 stroke) I yanked the engine out and a few other things like brake light etc, Threw it in the trailer. Will take some work but I think I can rig it up to work on the bike, (If not ,... **** it gives me something to do in my down time) According to the speedo on the scooter it only has like 100 miles on it. Figure if nothing else and it dont work quite right I can just toss it

Back