riding for the first time and my motor is locked up

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by erickster, Apr 5, 2008.

1. erickster

erickster Member

I was riding my 70 cc bike, and as I rode, my chain popped off the sprocket. I thought it was a little weird, but I thought, well-- somehow it came loose and popped off. I re-attached it to the sprocket, and tightened it again. I tried to roll my bike, and the back tire was locked up. So I thought, "maybe I left the clutch up", nope. I don't know what happened. Clutch down, or up, it's just locked. Any ideas??? I haven't ridden my bike for more than 30 yards yet.. ha. :(

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2008

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

So the back wheel was locked-up.....what about the engine...does that move freely?
    Please explain in more detail(pics if possible) about what's happening.

BTW...u said "30 yards yet"....so it's a brand new build?

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

hi

scroll down to Similar Threads, at the bottom of this page. I bet you find your answer.

4. mickey

mickey Guest

Take the sprocket cover off and check the chain. The chain can jam up inside the cover.

5. Alan

Alan Member

That would was my first thought too.

6. erickster

erickster Member

that was my first impression as well, but because im a newbie, i didnt want to start taking things apart before i asked. That was the problem though--- thanks!!!

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Since that was the problem(chain jammed up inside the cover) try letting the clutch out quickly NOT dropping it.