Right Side Gears

Nahom

Local time
6:54 AM
I bought a motorized bike already made. I am looking at the manual and it says for maintence :

7) Right side gears.
Remove cover plate and keep small amount of heavy grease on the gear train-

remove cover plate on the right side it means?

What is the gear train?

I am confused because under maintenance

it also said:

1) Remove right side cover from engine , place small dab of grease at gear mesh area

Is the gear mesh area a different?

If not then what's the difference between 1) and 2) ?

Thanks

Take off the 5 bolts on the right cover and you will see 2 gears one big one small the two together make up a gear train. the Mesh is where the 2 gears meet/ touch each other...but make sure you use thick grease if it runs on to your clutch pads thay will slip .so not to much grease either

Attachments

• DSC_0127.JPG
    DSC_0127.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_0128.JPG
    DSC_0128.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 182
Some of these engines have never been Greased and go fine no problem. I like to do mine but not very often .The grease fly's off the gears on to the inside of the cover so really you can just wipe it back in it's better then nothing and going through tubes of grease.

Pads can be red or black like rubber . you should have 15 of them . here's 2 on a piece of paper.and here's 1 in the motor Iam pointing at . these a flat round plate over them when you take off the cover to see the gears. the nut in the middle is called a flower nut and it holds the plate on with a Spring under it .the flower nut adjust s the clutch when the pads wear down .

Attachments

• DSC_0129.JPG
    DSC_0129.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 186
When I open mine here is what I see: no clutch pads or even those slots like yours just that gold metal disc :(.
There is red sticky stuff near the gear mesh though. where are the clutch pads on this?
20161114_091200.jpg

The big silver disc is the clutches 'pressure plate', it's what transfers power to the left, the pads are placed in the big gear behind it.

The 2 gears are your engines internal gear reduction.
Buy pulling in the clutch lever it moves that pressure plate out and away from the pads so you can idle.
Don't worry about those just now, just put a dab of grease where the gears meet.

Clutch pad wear/failuer is usually caused by 'feathering' the clutch to get going because you are geared too high to just drop the clutch at pedal speed and be on your way.

There is far more to this covered elsewhere here, but that's the basics besides forget about color! hehe ;-}

Back