Rims with pedals

JFK

Local time
1:46 AM
Hello

I'm looking to make a motorized bike that the front wheel is like the old Wheelman bicycle but smaller.

The triton trike has pretty much what I'm looking for.

red-triton-pro.jpg

But I can't seems to find where they sell them or maybe someone can tell me how to make one from other parts.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Just Google "Triton Trike". There are a multitude of sellers. I tried one at my LBS, and found that starting from a dead stop, even level pavement, is a real push. They are single geared, in effect, and top speed is purely a function of your comfortable pedal cadence. Also, they are a rear-steer delta trike, and they WILL rock up onto one rear wheel quite readily when cornering.

I've thought about the possibility of using one of the multiple speed capable crank inserts in the BB, with spoke flange plates outboard of the fixed hub. With that you could get a 2 or 3 speed drive on one, but you'd have to fab up the spoke flanges and mounts.

Thanks for the help chainmaker and SimpleSimon.

I have a Triton trike and it is alot of fun, it's one of the reasons I want to make a motorized bike with a front wheel with pedels, The triton has alot of low speed power so it would be perfect for a motor, however I don't want to buy a complete bike just to use it's wheel and I couldn't find anywhere just the front wheel or hub is sold.

I'll keep searching and hopefully I will find one. :)

I'm going to look into multiple speed capable crank inserts,maybe it will fit the bill.

Last edited:
I thought about a Unicycle tire, but would a Unicycle tire have freespin?

I could see things getting pretty crazy when the motor kicks in.

This is just an idea... You could always buy a crank freewheel from someplace like sic-bike parts I am not sure what kind of krank the uni-wheel has but I think the crank free-wheel needs a 3 pc crank

Cheers

I think that is a good idea, I'll buy one and go from there.

Thanks for all the help :)

Back