Road Rage!

I had a similar experience here on the bike trail and was cut off by a hemet wearing/spandex clad bicyclist who thought he owned the road. I usually kill the motor if I see others so as not to disturb or annoy anyone, but this guy snuck up on me too fast. "You don't belong here" and "This is all WE have left". I told him I thought we should call the cops then, and if you are not a cop and you do not want to call them then get out of my face. Tried not to be ticked off the rest of the afternoon. Later, when I told my wife, she thought I should carry along some pepper spray just in case this happened again. Then she thought if he got sprayed and the cops did become involved , I could claim that the guy had made a homer sexual pass at me. That cheered me up a little.

While I was in the service in the mid-eighties, we had the opportunity to live in S. Korea for 3 years. One thing I noticed there was that only the very rich people own cars at all. Everyone else rides the bus, subway, taxi-cab, bicycle, rickshaw, whatever. Even though the traffic can be chaotic, they seem to have adapted to the idea of SHARING THE ROAD. I think with the way things are going to change in this country, that we should get used to the same idea!!

I also wondered what it be like if an electric wheelchair bound person wanted to use the trail to cross town for shopping, if they would be hassled by cops, bicyclists?

Just seems to me that sometimes rules outlive thier usefulness, and then become very slow to change. We need to all be a little more tolerant of others and thier alternative modes of transportation. I mean, what if a guy wants to run his riding mower with a garden trailer down to the local Casey's for some beer and a few groceries? I am sure there would be a law against it.

This is the greatest country in the world, but what would our founding fathers think of all this nonsense? I think they would commend inventiveness. Maybe they would even make provisions for bike lanes all over the city, and even offer tax incentives to those that kept thier fuel useage to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me Tell you !!

This happened to me a while back.. My son and I were cutting through the Middle school on our bikes. Engines idling but pedaling anyway. Came up on this big buy with 2 dogs on a leash and his partner or wife. Not sure which. He too would not let me pass. I got off my bike and stood by its side. I confronted this big guy. His wife, girlfriend, or partner jumped on her cell phone and made it clear she was calling the cops. I said fine, but let me pass. The big guy came forward with his dogs, I said.. Do not threaten me. He said, I will threaten anyone I like. I asked him please for the last time to not threaten me, he laughed and said that this is his school and his park. I looked back at my son who was scared about this whole thing. I finally gave in and told the guy, ok.. You win.. This is your park. I turned around and took my son home. I then went back on my motor assisted bicycle to find this guy and confront him alone and with out the burden of my son and no longer worried about my son. So.. I took off looking for this guy, wife and dogs. Once I found him, He was shocked !! I confronted him and said, did you call the cops? And he said, yes the cops just drove by, I said where, he pointed, So.. I took off after the cops, I found the cops but the drove right past me. The cops went to the end of the circle street and made the U and starting coming right at me again. This time I went in front of them blocking their path and flagged them down. I pulled up to the door of the Police car and Began talking to them. They said.. So you are the guy? I said.. Yep. And the guy that called you threatened me and all I am doing is riding my Bike.. About that time the Guy with his dogs came up behind the police car and the cops jumped out of the car and confronted him.. And..This guy was right... He will threaten anyone he feels like. Not sure what threat he made to the cops, but I hear them say.. Don't you Threaten me !!! I will haul your *** into Jail buddy. And then I hear the cops saying , that is a bicycle !!! About that time, I felt that the dogs may attack the cops or something so I figured it was time for me to leave. So I went home and left the cops with this neighborhood terrorist. Hopefully he came to his senses and was not hauled into Jail. Since this is only a few blocks from my house, and I still cut through the school all the time, and I have not seen this guy, Dogs, or life partner since. So.. I have no idea what eventually happened. But, my point being.. These people are domestic terrorists !!!! I am not some little kid to be threatened. But the age does not matter. There are crazies of all sorts out there. ride safe. Keep a distance from the crazies, and... Almost 99.99 percent of the time, Enjoy the ride...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting worse than the Freeway. They HAVE to let us ride SOMEWHERE. We're conserving gas!! We are real Patriots . LOL

What a story Dax... Nice to hear one with a good ending! Hope the p**** got what he deserved. Sorry for my language but... Anyway... good story!

Here in Troubletown Arizona, rife with smugglers, fugitives, felons and freakozoids we're (law abiding citizens) allowed, nay, encouraged to pack concealed sidearms. I have been threatened, run off the road or on the curb and even hit in the back of the head by a beer bottle while walking or riding. You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Yes I have tried to go to the grocery store on my lawnmower, and it's not legal unless licensed as an agricultural vehicle, the owner of the store called the cops on me because I was taking up a parking spot and he didn't like the amount of noise it gave off. The noise part I can understand though, but I didn't leave it running when I was in the store. (it has straight pipes but it is no louder than a harley that was in the same parking lot) http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/100_1656-1.jpg
And most roadies are very good to me, because my dad is one and he knows them and they all know who I am. And most of them even stop me and tell me about the whizzer they used to have. And luckily I have never had any bad encounters with other bicyclists, now cars, that's a whole other story...

Yes I have tried to go to the grocery store on my lawnmower, and it's not legal unless licensed as an agricultural vehicle, the owner of the store called the cops on me because I was taking up a parking spot and he didn't like the amount of noise it gave off. The noise part I can understand though, but I didn't leave it running when I was in the store. (it has straight pipes but it is no louder than a harley that was in the same parking lot) http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/alex1813/100_1656-1.jpg
And most roadies are very good to me, because my dad is one and he knows them and they all know who I am. And most of them even stop me and tell me about the whizzer they used to have. And luckily I have never had any bad encounters with other bicyclists, now cars, that's a whole other story...

Hi Alex, What did the cops do? I hope they were not too hard on you. Isn't it funny how some people just get a wig up their b*** and have to freak about everything? I just don't understand people sometimes. I live in a SMALL town and you would not believe what people ride to the store here. Garden tractors, real tracktors, golf carts, and soon to be one motored bike, lol. Don't know what they are going to think about me. Some times I think that when I get my bike ready I should just drive it to the police station and say "Hi Ralph, I want you to look at my new motored bike". Just get it over with you know. We only have 2 cops in town I think. A few sheriffs. Need to see them too. Once everyone gets used to seeing me I don't think it will be that big of a deal. We are one of those small towns where everyone waves at everyone because we all know each other or are related, lol.

Have a great one!

I mean, what if a guy wants to run his riding mower with a garden trailer down to the local Casey's for some beer and a few groceries? I am sure there would be a law against it.
Yep, right here! theres a video of the guy gettin pulled over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZQ1joBegg

Theres no serious roadie bikers round where I live, but all the normal cyclists I see just look at me in awe! The novelty has worn off though, now its kind of annoying answering the same questions everytime I want to ride a couple of miles.

Its the car drivers that give me road rage, I have had it where some old guy deliberately followed me honking his horn and shouting at me. In the end I just got off my bike and went over to his car ready for whatever, and the guy just put his little car into reverse and drove off again. That seriously got me mad!

Yep, right here! theres a video of the guy gettin pulled over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZQ1joBegg

Theres no serious roadie bikers round where I live, but all the normal cyclists I see just look at me in awe! The novelty has worn off though, now its kind of annoying answering the same questions everytime I want to ride a couple of miles.

Its the car drivers that give me road rage, I have had it where some old guy deliberately followed me honking his horn and shouting at me. In the end I just got off my bike and went over to his car ready for whatever, and the guy just put his little car into reverse and drove off again. That seriously got me mad!

Carefull Fastboy.... some old guys are packin' these days. People are nuts out there. Don't forget that. I wouldn't want anything happening to you or anyone for that matter. BE CAREFUL! This world is FULL of nuts and they have cars and a license to drive. No telling what they have in the car with them. Just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

BTW: That video is FUNNY!!!!!.... that guy deserves some kind of award of something. Don't know for what but he deserves something (other that what he got, lol)

Back