Roadster gets new exhaust

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by reclaimer, Jul 14, 2009.

1. reclaimer

reclaimer Guest

Sorry forgot the flash on the open parts pic. Those things are pretty thick yet light weight, should last a long time. it's got a much deeper mellower sound then the old pipe(last pic).

Theres a band in the park down the street so i cant ride it around to test it yet. Paint to come later

Attached Files:

2. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

I like! Does it create the needed back pressure do you know?
  3. reclaimer

reclaimer Guest

I don't know about proper amount of back pressure. I didn't do any math or anything. Just looked around for a sturdy canister to make it out of.

I've never had the stock exhaust on it, but it's so much quieter than what I had. It seems to pull just as good. I didn't really get on it thou, so we'll see about top end. It didn't want to run at 1st had to open the choke right up. Which is a change, the way it was it didn't like full open choke it. It seemed to run best mid choke.

Heres a couple pics of it mounted. Slapped some high temp flat black, and the silencer on it. Added a forward mount too for piece of mind.

edit; Sure can hear that motor noise now, lol. Guess rubber fin dampeners and a new thicker clutch cover gasket are next up.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009