Robin question

tinker4

Local time
8:34 AM
I have the Robiin eho35 in the rear of the engine under the exhaust there is a metal flap with a spring. Does anyone have an idea what its function is? At half throttle its quite but at full throttle its noisey. Other then that its a great engine, way more quite then my 33cc two stroke andy easy to start. Thanks in advance.

Thats the spark arrestor, required by some gov't agency to be put on by the manufacturer.

Aftermarket, can the consumer remove it? I'm not saying yea or nay, but it is the noisemaker.

Thanks

Thanks for the answer now I can sleep at night. Little things like that bug me I know I didnt have that nosie with my 2 stroke.:whistle:

I may have theoretically ripped that sucka out of the Denver '06 Zenoah engine, and was glad I did, (but deny I everything).

Felt about as guilty as taking the "do not remove this tag" off of a pillow or mattress.

If you're using them in a drought area, as an off-road mountain bike, then, you should keep 'em on. (but, you'll need to periodically clean them out)

If not, then open up the exhaust...

I heard this AM that the firefighters think that the Santa Barbara fire was caused by an engine driven portable power tool (chainsaw maybe?) that was being used in a brush-clearing operation. Without the screen, motors ARE more likely to occasionally spit out a spark (carbon will break loose sometimes) and, if it lands in dry tinder...

Last edited:
I had a spark arrester

on a trailbike and had to clean the arrester twice a year, It would get all carboned up and restrict exust flow and create excessive back pressure.
But they can help prevent a fire, and they may be required in some areas..
So think before you yank it off your engine...
The last thing we need is a M/B starting a wildfire !!!!!!!!
:giggle:

Gone

I took it off and the robin runs jsst fine without it. That robin is so much sweeter and quiter then my 2 stroke and its not even broke in yet. Man I love it. However Im really bummed right now my little ferret Buddy died this afternoon he had been sick and Ive been taking care of him. It was time for the Lord to take care of him. I will miss that little guy. Run Free Buddy:cry:

Back