Robin/Subaru 50cc ???

mikem

Local time
4:22 PM
It seems to me I read somewhere that Robin/Subaru is about to come out with a 50cc 4-stroke motor. Does anyone know anything about this?

Haven't heard that. I know they make a 49cc 2 stroke engine, a real screamer, 'cause I once came this ll close to owning one.:D

Last edited:
You won't find them on the R/S site, they are OEM for other equipment manufacturers. Nor is there much info available on replacement parts which is one reason I didn't pursue the acquisition too much. With that kind of OEM thing you always have to trace parts and manuals through the parent company's model names and numbers.

I found a guy who had 5 for sale NIB, w/thottle and control crossbar still attached. He wasn't moving them so I made an offer which he tentatively accepted but later reneged.
They were 4 hp IIRC, which I admit was in a moment of weakness what tempted me lol, (plus Robin's rep) but probably just as well in the end anyway to do without that much 2scream.:D

They were 4 hp IIRC, which I admit was in a moment of weakness what tempted me lol, (plus Robin's rep) but probably just as well in the end anyway to do without that much 2scream.:D

4 horsepower would be nice but to stay strictly legal here in Michigan means no more than 50 cc @ 2 horsepower.

The Robin EHO 35 has 1.6 hp ... so I was hoping that they made a 49cc with 2 hp. Thought the additional .4 hp would be noticeable on a bike.

it sure is...quality differences aside, any 50cc 4-stroke being used is really pushing the bikes, i once experienced 38mph on an experimental kit with a chinese honda clone, could have done 40+ with gearing.

i'd love to see someone put a 50 together in utility-engine style, it'd be bulky but would have it's uses...an R/S 50 would be something to see, alright :cool:

Last edited:
Robin/Subaru 50cc

i'd love to see someone put a 50 together in utility-engine style, it'd be bulky but would have it's uses...an R/S 50 would be something to see, alright :cool:

Hey Augidog,

Maybe there will be enough demand soon. Wouldn't think it would take much for R/S to do this. Might be a simple as a bore out and bigger carb.?

mike: dunno about that, i bet the 35 is about as thin-walled as possible, already. i don't think a company like R/S would cheap-out like that. imo, they'd offer a new larger engine.

and, looking back thru MBc's history, you'll see that demand (organized consumerism) has created many good THINGS for motoredbiking...and the best is yet to come :cool:

Last edited:
Better Mouse Trap

mike: dunno about that, i bet the 35 is about as thin-walled as possible, already. i don't think a company like R/S would cheap-out like that. imo, they'd offer a new larger engine.
:cool:

I thought about that Augi ... and I bet you're right on both counts. Would really like to see that slightly bigger motor.

I wonder if we might see a quality, American built bike motor.?

Last edited:
if a completely new usa-engine was done "overnite" by an already established company, i think current costs would make it uattainable to the working rider. true economic "stimulus" would be to bring back the myriad dormant small shops that dot our countryscape, do a usa-ht...start by forging, stamping, molding small parts at minimum wage, it beats not-working at all...take baby-steps towards a complete engine. personally, i've always believed an american bicycle engine is completely doable...and i'm almost to believing it IS gonna happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
Back