robin subaru engine trouble

Yea

I read somewhere that they will blow excess oil out into the air filter if over filled. is that true ???

I read somewhere that they will blow excess oil out into the air filter if over filled. is that true ???

They sputter, and white smoke comes flowing out. You stop the engine, unscrew the oil cap, tip out a small stream, and start it again, good as new.

More prone to happen if the engine it tilted too far back; straight up = NO problemos.

I have all these veterinary syringes for my goats, and it takes (4) 12 cc syringe fulls, squirted in, to fill it. Neatest way I've found to do it.

Last edited:

yep :) i put a tad to much in mine and i was trying to figure out how the air filter got oily because i never oiled it, there's a hose that runs from the valve compartment to the air filter, kinda neat.

Putting on new engines out of the box, they are usually pre-set, but I think there is a second Phillips head carb adjustment behind the air filter.

Jack was fiddling with a motor that was idling too high, I was in front of the bike stand getting the front wheel on.

He got the idle near correct with the outer adjustment HV mentions, then took of the air filters and did about a quarter turn to get it running smoother.

just inside the carb ??

for r/s 35
check the fuel system drawings out, there is a fuel strainer, and some other parts can can get clogged.

this I guess I missed

is this strainer located just inside the carb ??

I put in new plug -- cleanned foam and paper filters -- cleanned filter hanging in tank

seems that I am still only running at around 85 to 90 % ??

ride that thing

On the end of the fuel feed, inside the tank, is a foam covered 2 piecer, fish it out with a hanger, and they advise cleaning it out using kerosene. If it appears too clogged to clean, BUT take it with you, the small cheap ones in an Auto Parts store are too big to fit on the end of the line.

It would take some hunting to find the right size, unless from a small engine repair shop.

no not that one

On the end of the fuel feed, inside the tank, is a foam covered 2 piecer

no not that one in my tank
I have fished that THING out and cleanned it
in my Robin 35 or 33 cc in the tank the filter is
plastic with some type of porous metal insert

thinking that I am missing the picture regarding a strainner inside of carb ???

ride that THING

Back