Robin Subaru Fricton Drive.

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by JJ 75d, May 26, 2011.

1. JJ 75d

JJ 75d New Member

I've got 5 to 6 hrs on the motor and love it. I've ridden motorcycles 40 yrs now. Really stpped enjoying riding. My new MB reminds me why I was so wide eyed as a kid. Guess sometimes you gotta slow down to speed up. Have no complaints about My kit. Staton had it to me in 3 days. Easy install, All the parts needed. Keep it simple.
    :bowdown::bowdown::grin5:

2. popeye

popeye Member

got any pics please pal? ive not yet sen a subaru mb engine yet just the happytime and honda gx clones, also a link to the vendor would be nice, many thanks and im glad that you are enjoying it.
    popeye

3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

That is what I believe to be one of the best drive-trains available !!

4. loquin

loquin Active Member

Staton link (The information's available in our vendor reviews section)

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Member

Ordered mine yesterday. I was torn between this kit or the 49cc 2 stroke kit by DAX. Dave had kits in stock and I needed it for next week so that cinched the deal. I'm convinced that rear friction drives are the way to go for most of us.

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Get statons 96oz tank with the lil soobie youll be able to drive to nyc w/o filling her up.

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Member

LOL :)

8. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Robin engine w/same kit & 1.125" roller was my first gas engine build. This was on a 20" Dahon folder bike and ran 27 mph on a slight decline.

Now I run 40+mph on that same road w/Tanaka 47R and shift kit.:jester:

I had the same gas tank. Excellent to fill up every two weeks.

Someday I'll dig out the Robin and mount it on something.:grin5:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Tanakas are $$$$$$ even more than a honda. they must be great motors.

10. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Tanaka 47R engine is an EXTREMELY rare engine. If purchased ala kart, this racing engine's cost can be close to $900. I bought mine for $375 complete/new. However, in this tight economy, used 47R's can be cheap, up to $200+. I bought a ported one for $115.

I'm 64, and expect these two engines to outlive me.

11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

On statons site the tanaka 40cc is 429$, thats pricey to me for just the motor. Honda 50 is close when you throw in a clutch/adapter.