Rock solid new turbo kits

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by philp, Feb 24, 2012.

1. philp

philp New Member

Sounds like fun,I've emailed tony let's see how much extra power it
    Will produce ?

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I just looked on their site and didn´t see any such animal
  3. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Yes, I also looked????????????????????????????? Na Da??????
  4. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

that makes 3 of us.
  5. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

any of you guys want to buy a bridge?
    I got one i'll sell, REALLY cheap.
  6. max350

max350 Member

From google, but there is nothing on their website now, they apparently have removed it, I've also read about it

Bicycle Engine Kits - Rock Solid Engines

Rock Solid Engines are dedicated to becoming Australia's leading company in the motorised bicycle industry, offering the finest bicycle enginekits/parts and Chainless Rock Solid Bicycles. Rock Solids's ... Turbo Kits for purchase. We are taking pre ... light & Simple; No Grease or Dirt; New Stealth model available now ...
  7. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Bummer...........So, Turbo kit doesn't exist huh?
  8. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

oooh! a bridge! which one? golden gate? manhattan? confusion hills? chesapeake bay or city?

i want one i want one!
  9. Ivan H

Ivan H New Member

When I was on the phone to their machinist about month & half ago he was telling me about this. Its been quite a while in development & is for small 4 strokes. The whole thing is machined up in house, impeller included which is some fine tolerance machining. I believe they are going thru the patent process at the moment. Cheers
  10. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I just bought their reed valve intake and can't wait to install it!
  11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I've also bolted on their reed valve intake and it works a treat.
    I've done a pictorial review of the installation elsewhere on the web.

send me a pm if you want a link.

ps turbo's and superchargers are also going to be released. The development work has been done, not to mention electronic fuel injection.

Rock Solid Engines is leading the way with this kind of technical evolution.
  12. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

13. Ivan H

Ivan H New Member

I just fitted a rocksolid pull start last night, not sure how long the cord will last with their hi comp head fitted, takes a good quick pull to turn it over but it fits & works well. Will order reeds next week, I already emailed Tony. I do want to keep the mikuni so will have to do something there, maybe cut the existing carb mount off & weld on one to suit, angled to mount the carb level if nescessary. Cheers
  14. choppermke

choppermke Member

im working on a small turbo for a 66cc im just worried the extra air wont burn to hot and kill the motor. let me know what u guys think
  15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

@ choppermke

If you are working on a turbo for the 66cc then i'm hoping you are working on an exhaust power valve for the 66cc engine to stop the air/fuel charge walking straight out the exhaust.
  16. choppermke

choppermke Member

i was looking to try and combine it with the exspansion chamber. but im starting to rethink the desing. im thinking it is gana be to impracticle for the bikes, but do u think that ram air would wash evey thing into the exahust
  17. choppermke

choppermke Member

i worked in an optics shop with air bearings spinning 50k rpm but im now thinking the cost would just be to much.
  18. Ivan H

Ivan H New Member

Turbo's r designed to work on 4 strokes but due to the way in which 2 strokes operate a turbo charger is not suitable, especially with an expansion chamber. Expansion chambers use sound pressure waves (both negative & positive) to produce a positive, or "super" charge in the combustion chamber. Yes, a turbo would just blow the air/fuel mixture out the exhaust & the exhaust turbine would make it impossible for the exhaust to scavenge & then positively charge the combustion chamber. Cheers
  19. Ivan H

Ivan H New Member

Also, think what a positively charged crankcase would do to transfer exit velocity, which is an important part of overall 2 stroke design. This is why its possible to go too far when raising crankcase compression ratio's. The actual pressure created during crankcase compression is really quite low. Cheers
  20. max350

max350 Member

Turbo function even on two-stroke! Now it's in Swedish but, used on snowmobiles