RockSolidEngines billet head.

DIYMark

Looking at the head again, i believe you are correct.
What loolks like a 45 degree angle machined on the outer edge of the combustion chamber must be the squish area, profiled to fit the convex shape of the piston crown.

Should have realised that earlier - silly me.

Tony did say that it took him a year of development time and he knows what he's doing.

Fabian

So how many of u guys have one of these heads?

Is it really worth the money?

I'm getting ready to port my engine "allready did the transfers in the lower end" and i know the original HT head is no good.

No squish band.

So i'm thinking to buy this head and throw it on my 48CC GT-2B.

What do you think?

I've ordered a complete engine from Tony at Rock Solid Engines.

Had a gutful of the typical Happy Time style engine sold by a local retailer in my area, blowing big end bearings after only 700 kilometers.

My engine has been ordered with the Billet 70cc cylinder head, delorto carburettor and billet intake tube.

From what i've heard, in January, Tony will be releasing his new "Billet CNC" engine with digital fuel injection and electronic ignition, programmable via a laptop computer.
You'll be able to adjust the injection and igntion with a few taps of the keyboard.

I've already placed an order for one of these engines.
Price is not yet confirmed, but it'll be somewhere in the region of $1200 -$1500 depending on specification.
Various engine capacities will be available up to around 100cc reving to 18,000 rpm.
If feeling more adventurous, there's a nitrous system to compliment the engine.

Fabian

Last edited:
I to am going for that billet engine, I’ve been saving ever since I heard about it.:helmet: I got one of their billet heads for my GT5 and the quality is great it really does just about double the compression, combined with one of the SBP “thin” head gasket it makes a huge difference. I love the head so much I just got another for my current project. The only thing I would do is add a pull start just because the wear caused by bump starting seems to be amplified due to the compression increase, I roll down a large hill so I usually don’t pop the clutch until about 15 mph anyway, but still going to add one to my new bike.

Attachments

• Muscle Bike 026.jpg
    Muscle Bike 026.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
ive not heard of this new engine but sounds like it will be a beautie, sounds like these engines will last even longer than my HT so far (nearly 10000kms), does anyone know if jap parts are going into this engine, or will they all be custom made in WA?

Last edited:
Today i received my Rock Solid Engines, replacement engine for the crappy Chinese built replacement engine (that blew a big end bearing) of the original Chinese engine (that blew a big end bearing) after only 700 and 800 kilometers respectively.

I ordered a 70cc motor from Rock Solid Engines, fitted with the Billet Cylinder Head and copper exhaust gasket together with the optional Delorto carburettor and billet intake tube.

I can say the quality is 1st class and the Delorto Carburettor is miles ahead in quality compared to the crappy Chinese carburettor and the intake tube is designed as a perfect fit - no air leaks or sealing issues with this combination.

The castings are also better quality compared to my current Chinese engine and the chrome plating on the cylinder bore is light years ahead in quality compared to the pitted and flakey rubbish i've seen on the useless replacement engines from the retailer in my area.

Conclusion - don't waste your time ordering a motorised bicycle kit from anyone else.
Pay the extra money for quality items.
Tony's work is 1st class!

Fabian

Do you know which HT is used for the base motor parts?
It has to be standard to start.

Iv'e got a PK coming tommorow.
Hope it is the better Quality.

Anyway if not a cylinder and ceramic coated piston from Rock Solid will fix her right up.

Back