Rode my Whizzer Today

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Zomby Builder, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Make this A Sticky Sic-Day

I opened the garage after waiting 24 hours for the high heat thread sealer to cure. I didn't want to RUSH the set up but could hardly wait to put my road glasses on. Gas on / Choke full / Screetch started Strokin' before I even met the divider between the concrete and the asphalt. That MY FRIENDS is A pretty GREAT feeling. Halfway down the block -- Choke half-off / still runnin' like a Champ / made the right hand turn & Choke OFF!!! Oh what a FEELING!!

I finally got this bike to run like a ZOMBY & it has an AUTOCLUTCH! Very simple solution & I got the idea from my wife & believe it or not -- a Story posted on this site by your wicked Uncle Punk. Bet you want to know what I did to it HUH???

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Do tell, Zomby, do tell...

3. Picture-Worth a Thousand

OK simple, Right!!

ATTACH]16130[/ATTACH]
    IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

But WHAT IS THAT RED THING?? May be an example of just plain USA ingenuity. May be just me, but I like plain old stuff. If you don't see the obvious. ASK a Zomby, I did the home-work. It know RED!!!...

4. mabman

mabman Member

OK, I have an auto clutch and I am redy but after too many Guinness's last night I can hardly focus on what is going on there:ack2::dunce::confused:

5. StillDream'n

StillDream'n Guest

Hi Zomby,
    Bet you want to know what I did to it HUH??? Yes :)
    Joe

6. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Zomby
    Humor an old guy please. What did you do?

Jim

7. Very low tech

I used two RED plastic "WIDE MOUTHED" ice tea bottle caps. It keeps the clutch closed more completely when under load. Sorry if I offended any high-tech expectations. I really found that after about 1 hour around the "Hood" that two of these pressed together work really great. The Auto has a lot more potential with this simple shim than anything else I have tryed. It kind of "wears itself in." Really stays more in line with the drum now. When they wear out Prob in about 1000 miles, I'll just drink a couple more Iced Teas...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  8. bill green

bill green Member

Hi zomby Take alook at for sale area .I just released My new billet NE5 Head . Please tell me what you think..Bill

9. swapped the HEAD today

OK Bill, I did the deed. EZ swap. Plenty of room. Even more fin would have fit my frame. Ready to ride but dark outside. So no report on performance. Thanks for including the copper Big bore washers.

Stay tuned.. I am concentrating on a better rear wheel. In every detail. On this bike.

IMG_1447.jpg Looks like the LOVE HEAD HUH??

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  10. bill green

bill green Member

Howdy I see the extra .040 off the sides gave you good ext.manifold clearence.. Cant wait to hear what you think about the running .....Bill

11. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Zomby I was just droooooling over you twin pipes ..I think there screaming for A hot jet job...What you think....Bill

12. bill green

bill green Member

Well did you run it today..................................Bill

13. StillDream'n

StillDream'n Guest

We all want to know :)
    Joe

14. Mean Bill Green

OK it runs FANTASTIC!! No adjustments to anything. That was the single most beneficial thing that I have done. DISCLAIMER -- I have a Q built head that is awesome. A work of art by the MCQ. As I removed Q's head I noted that the bolts were all not properly torqued. And the spark plug was in need of replacement. So may be a distinct dissadvantage to the Q Meister./ But this GO-DADDY got MEAN BILL NOW!! I like it... Tanks Bill. When you makin' me a matching mini-belt guard????? My exhaust is tuned pretty well now. What you got in mind??? These are stock sized thrusters.

15. bill green

bill green Member

Im thinking Hot Jet coatings... and were working on A billet finned side cover with crank bearing moved in .040 for better crank support... will keep you Informed....Bill PS great to hear you like it....

16. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Zomby Just wanted to know if you have any more run time on you tricked out ride..Bill One more thing , On your exaust are the mufflers ne5 late or wc1....bill

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  17. Run Time

Yeah it runs strong. I have stock/Modified NE baffles I think... Don't know for sure. The thrusters are custom. I can't keep the manifold bolts tight, Even high heat sealer loosens. I want a mini billet belt guard. Guess I'll have to make it myself... My wife rode it today. She says it drives itself. It idles just under 20 MPH. 70 MM auto clutch does about 47 MPH pretty quick too. Screecher is a fun ride. Welded a license plate bracket today. Nice & legal looking now. Sounds great too.

18. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Zomby Very cool . you might think about using studs and nuts for the exaust manifold....So did you look at the new billet side cover. Its at the end of billet head for sale....have fun .....Bill

19. Need an Intake fo4 a 26 cb

I need a composite intake manifold tapered to match up with 18c to 26 c. Anybody here in SOCAL got machine? I also need a billet guard. Where is The new WHIZZER WILLY G WE NEED YOU NOW!!

20. bill green

bill green Member

:75::75::75:Hi zomby I check with my CNC dude and he said he can build one . But beyond most price value it would end up between $300.00 to $350.00 and would look closer to the old tin style in size . and the metal is four times the price when it go,s bigger than six inch in width. So at this tme before I go any further I need to know how many people are intrested....Bill