Rode my Whizzer Today

Whizzer cables

Has anyone used these controls? I can't be the first one. Where do you get cables to fit these???? Memory lanes are way too short & are just straight wires???? I got the comp control to work with the stock W cable, but the twist throttle needs total custom install.

If you need a solid wire type cable you might be able to adapt an automotive aftermarket choke cable. You can use heat shrink tubing over the housing to dress it up a bit. They are pretty long and I have used them for a lot of applications. They work great on the old Whizzer Tillotson carbs but it might be a little tricky on the newer Whizzer carbs.

Last edited:
Old Style

I really wanted these to work. I drilled the comp release & modded to fit stock cable. The twist control will not work without the solid wire cable. So I give up. Back to the stock throttle. I liked these because they are so narrow they allow more brake pull. I used the comp release lever without the grip. Almost got it back together, I got a chrome / metal belt guard & it had to be customized a lot to fit, but it sure beats the new plasty/chrome ones.

You might try soldering the solid cable to the stranded cable. If you splice it so the splice would be in the metal tube on top of the slide that might work as long as the splice does not go through a bend. There's gotta be a way. Don't give up, just give it a little more thought.

More Mods

rjs You are so right.

I have now bought all these parts... No possible return. Ground the Bee-Geevers out of them. Cut off the plastic grips & trimmed so my stock rubber ones fit. The left side looked so good that I had to match it on the right. Rights a lot more difficult to use the stocker. I tapped out the threads for an adjustable throttle control. I am welding both of the handlelbar sleeves together on the right side & the cable to the slider. Zomby <-- (A dangerous Welder) if it works, it will be easily replaced with stock cables. Whizzer makes great cables.

Last edited by a moderator:
It Works

After drilling & tapping the throttle control, I was able to get the slide control to work with a regular cable. This mod was a lot more work than it looks. The brake has more lever clearance now, I like it.

Left Side Whizzer.jpg left side

throttle.jpg right side. Bad pictures huh....

Last edited by a moderator:
Better Pics

Memory lane old style throttle conversion to stock new style cables.

IMG_1494.jpg assembled cable

IMG_1496.jpg threaded & slotted

IMG_1497.jpg putting it together

IMG_1498.jpg adjustable

IMG_1499.jpg on the bars

IMG_1500.jpg finished project

Very good pictorial. I just marvel at what some of the people can do here when they put their mind to it. Good job.

Jim

Back to Ohio

Thanks Jim. You got the part right about being persistant. My wife don't like me taking pics on her washer / dryer. (what's a little oil) Ohio Frank / Bill G. - check out these mounts for my duals. What am I missing??? They want to looooosen at the manifold. All slip together nicely & bolt passively to the rear. ?????

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

Hi Zomby Builder,
"Wow" now that is really nice set of Pipes :) Great job!
Joe Pierson

Back