Roller drive on a folding bike?

mifletz

Local time
6:43 AM
Can a Staton friction drive be fitted to a folding bike like this?

07DahonVitesseD5FoldingBike.jpg

Any Riction Drive Should Work. Here Is A Pic Of One Of Mine. Ron

Attachments

• 100_0888.jpg
    100_0888.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,058
Is there any folding bike that folds to the right, so that it can be folded fully flat without having to remove the engine?

If you use the R/S EHO35 or Honda GX35, the bike may fold OK without interference. Especially when in the raised position. You could also relocate the gas tank to the top of the drive channel, or get a larger tank & locate it there, and the motor would be much less likely to interfere.

If you release the quick release (locking mechanism) on the Staton drive, you almost certainly should be able to pivot the engine up enough to clear. even without relocating the tank.

Ron: With a Staton friction kit & Robin engine, can a folding bike like yours be made to fold completely or nearly as flat as this?

Last edited:
mifletz, I HAVE NEVER FOLDED IT, I BOUGHT IT USED A COUPLE YRS AG0. I CAME WITH A ZIPPERED CARRY ON BAG, SO I AM PRETTY SURE IT WILL FOLD ENOUGH FOR THE CARRY BAG!? THE FRICTION DRIVE IS A BIT MORE BULKY THAN THE CURRENT FRICTION DRIVE MOUNTS, IT IS A ISLAND HOPPER, THE BIKE IS A DAMON SS STEEL FOR ON BOATS. I THINK THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. I WILL TRY CHECK IT OUT. I HAVE A COUPLE 26 INCH FUJI FOLDING BIKES, WILL TRY POST A PIC. RON

Last edited:
The older Staton chain mount allowed a folding bike to fold fully

Last edited:
Back