Roller slippage at h.o.t help

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by motoredguy, Jan 11, 2015.

1. motoredguy

motoredguy New Member

Whats up, been back and fourth between forums and self made friction drive is slipping at a half open throttle. looking for an a oppinion, here are some things that need to be taken into concideration.

1) tire is not to the maximum trueness as possiable if I idle the engine with the front tire up i kind of a pull down effect witu the front tire in the air.

2) have not noticed this symtom too much in warmer weather. ( in response with slippage)

3) my reap roller has not came in yet, and I am running a socket with rubber hose fitted.

I want to file down the center numbs to getter better roll but the way my knobbies are design there is a line down the middle which prevents a good touch with the wheel.

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Knobbies aren't the best tires to use for a FD. Any pics of your setup? Are you using enough pressure with the drive roller on the tire? Is it just slipping from a stand still or once you get going? It's always best to get going pedaling then engage the roller even with a cent/clutch, increase throttle after pedaling away.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Knobbies don't work with a friction drive.

Try an H2 tire
    they seem to wear good

MM