ROLLFAST suspension question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by james65, Mar 17, 2011.

1. james65

james65 Member

Is anyone familiar with this fork? The only way I have been able to remove the front wheel is to back out the axel. This a main pain in the butt. Does anyone know of another way without damaging the fork. I hope I never get a flat!

Attached Files:

2. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

I have no idea, but that is one heck of a bike!

3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

You may be able to use a skewer front wheel for easy removal. Other than that, cutting some slots below the axle hole would allow you to remove a the wheel as it is done on the cantilever (springer) forks. That is a rare, desireable fork you have.

4. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

I have the same fork, you are going to have to go at one of the dropouts with a grinder to make it any easier!~

5. james65

james65 Member

I could try one, but more than likley I will have to do both, as I might not be able to tilt the wheel enough to extract the the other end of the axle.
    I'm not sure if it will compromise the strength or operation of the fork itself.
    Have you already taken a grinder to one droupout?

I bought the frame because I fell in love with the springer, may be time for a divorce.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  6. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Here are the forks I got. They were like this when I got them. I havnt used them yet..

[​IMG]

7. james65

james65 Member

They are similar but different. I will assume that they are an older version.
    Do you have the pivot linkages and hardened bushing for that setup?

8. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

No. I don't, you? Got a pic?

9. james65

james65 Member

No but I will take some the next time I take it apart. The hardest part to duplicate is the two(hardened) axle bushings.

10. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

That would be cool thanks!!!!