RS-68 Legal Motorized Bikes in Florida at last!!!

I run electric.
I have no problems with the new law.
I run cleaner quieter and longer and then all of the people that run gas so either way it makes no difference to me. I am always laughing at all the people that run gas bikes usually.
Needless to say, I ran a gas spike for about three months, it was okay but I'll Lectric is 1000 times better.
Quieter, yes.Everything else you stated is factual nonsense.Can you do 200 miles in one day?What's your one way range, mine is 90 miles, and I can fill up instantly (with gas I carry) and do another 90 miles.Did you run a quality petrol set up or a CG?Put in writing how electric is 1000 times better than a GEBE, show your work, not your opinion.It's been proven over and over that electric is more toxic to the earth than wet fuel.

I run electric.
I have no problems with the new law.
I run cleaner quieter and longer and then all of the people that run gas so either way it makes no difference to me. I am always laughing at all the people that run gas bikes usually.
Needless to say, I ran a gas spike for about three months, it was okay but I'll Lectric is 1000 times better.

Thats cool. Can you post a pic of your bike? Do you have hl. brake light, directionals, and horn? How do you wire it up? Thanks.

image.jpg
Brake light is hooked up to an electric brake lever
Directionals are hooked up to a signal relay, like in a car.
Bought a directional control for a motorcycle.

View attachment 53204
Brake light is hooked up to an electric brake lever
Directionals are hooked up to a signal relay, like in a car.
Bought a directional control for a motorcycle.

Looks good X! Thanks for sharing the pic. Can you post a few more pics? side view, "electric box" with all the wiring, directional control - handlebar closeup? Thanks. 6 volt? 12 volt? batteries? what kind? thanks again.

Federal law has nothing to do with electric bikes. What you're thinking of is the consumer safety commission definition of an electric bicycle for manufacturing throughout the United States. It has nothing to do with states laws concerning electric bikes.
And yes, my bike conforms to the Florida state statute for a electric bicycles.
It is considered a bicycle and goes anywhere a bicycle can go. The only place you cannot ride it electrically is on the sidewalk. If you're on the sidewalk you must pedal

I have a limiter on it that does not allow the bicycle to go more than 20 mph.
I cannot show a pic of the electrical connections for the directionals because they are all wired up and covered in electrical tape.
The battery running the lights, brakes and directionals is a 12 V 20 amp hour lead acid battery. It will last more than six hours before needing a recharge. Not that I would ride more than maybe two hours at any one time anyways. My usual ride is two hours or less. If I want to ride for four to five hours I can, even if it's in the middle of the night.
In other words at 20 mph for five hours that is hundred miles distance, the max that my batteries will allow

For those gas powered guys wrestling with electrics for lights. I used a front hub 6 volt dynamo. I have a two stage Peter White Headlight which is halogen on the running or high beam and a Stand Light capacitor powered when the bike is at rest. ) it will stay on for about 7 minutes at rest. The 2 stage tail light operates in the same manner. For a Brake light I added LEDs to the tail light assembly and powered them with 4 AA Batteries. I used a small Radio Shack battery box and it fits under the seat. I have Go Kart Hydraulic Brakes and they are equipped with a built in micro switch for controlling the Brake Light. As far as Turn Signals are concerned an Assembled as Parts Motorcycle in Florida is not required to have turn signals. Hand Signals will do. I see no reason why it would be different for a bicycle. There are some cheap garbage ones on Ebay if you need to use them to pass inspection. I think the DMV needs to work that one out. As far as needing a Speedo if so your smart phone can take care of that for inspection. A horn is easy any bike horn will do. Wanna Bet when you go to register they drop the inspection requirement? I don't think they will be bothered for a bicycle . I may be wrong but I would take that bet.

I think you nailed it on dropping the inspection since there is no clear outline or standards on what they are inspecting.

When I got the moped tag they asked me if it had pedals. The second question was what was the serial number on the bike so they could make a vin number out of it. Nobody could even care to inspect anything and I think they don't have the time or man power to do it either. But we will have to wait and see what gets reported by those who go for a tag.

Back