Rse reed help

Charles Laypool

Local time
4:37 PM
Hello

I ordered myself a engine kit with a rse reed valve put it toghter on this strange bicycle called a FS Elite with this awsome rear end setup
1458932225810260038460.jpg
it runs fine with stock intake on but when i install the reed valve i loss all power it idles and revs fine but when i go to ride nothing.....
1458932146993-1237876943.jpg

Im thinking i need a diffrent jet and also do i really need to drill holes in my piston?
I mean ill do it if needed im just trying to make this bike more enjoyable
(a.k.a no on and off powerband as i accelerate)
i got the crank balanced, bigger head (figured more metal harder to overheat, no noticeable change in performance)
Stock carb (black airfilter)

Any suggestions?

idles and revs but makes no power sounds like fuel delivery. is there a kink in your fuel line or anything like that, or is it just running way lean?

drill those holes in your piston, reed valves are just an intake restriction without them.

Alrite so iv drilled holes only three for now but no improvement

So lean as in not enough gas to air correct? Do i go lower or higher wit the jet? And my plugs a light gray

check for air leaks first. if you don't find any then raise the needle as high as it will go. if that doesn't do the job then you need a larger main jet or to make sure the jet isn't clogged.

Im replacing EVERY gasket because oil residew was all over my motor after. 5 min idle head bolts were lose i ordered a jet kit and some sheets of copper to make my own head and cylinder gaskets today im guna use a older motor and put the reed and modded piston on it and see where im at

just tape. twist it up into a string, make a ring out of it a bit bigger than bore, bolt head on.

raises compression by removing 1mm of gasket. gets rid of pocket in combustion chamber due to stock gasket. doesnt leak (if done properly).
doesnt stick. cheap. easily replaced. the list goes on...

head gasket only, anything else...well, if you can get it to stay in place during assembly...sure :)

changing thickness of cylinder base gasket will affect port timings to some extent.

Hmmmm it seems like it will work more compression is a plus
And is it weird that wen i got my engine it had 3 base gaskets? now has copper 1mm
And do u know the max compression these can handle before blowing up?
Cuz iv got a motor i custom made i sanded down head and top of cylinder so i dont need a gasket made a lighter piston and had the crank balanced now this psi gauge that screws in spark plug hole says 180 psi is that bad i mean i ride it all the time got it up to 56 mph once on a flat
Im jus trying not to get a leg full of recycled aluminium finns

Last edited:
Back