Rse reed help

So iv drilled holes (3) in new piston
Got a brand new engine and installed the piston and reed valve
Still the same issue and when i raised needle it still idled but started to bog when i gave it the slightest of throttle and also at a hair of a turn it revs up i tryrd to ride and as soon as i let off the clutch it bogs down and stalls for the most part

Witch way do i go with the jet smaller or bigger

sounds lean. probably can go bigger on the jet.

if you cant rev it when its got no load, ie, it cuts out...its lean.

if it doesnt mind full throttle but simply wont rev up, its rich.

checking the plug is best, start with a new one... if it stays white, lean. if it goes black... rich.

drilled holes...where?

ground back piston skirt on intake side so its completely clear of intake port at tdc plus a bit, say, a quarter inch?

part of the problem with modifying a new engine...you dont know if its the engine or the mods!

noone is going to say anything about the 56mph claims? :eek:

Im going back to stock piston and intake for now.

And yes 56mph
With a 28t or 29t idk i had a friend machine it out of a old 44t
It was a one time thing and i mostly did it because i saw this dude online got his bike in the 60mph zone so i want fast i was aiming for 60 but lack of mods and power i only got 56mph homemade mods take u far tho (sanded head, copper gaskets, expansion chamber, velocity stack)
11245524_10154348948495620_283373383770650611_o.jpg

sounds lean. probably can go bigger on the jet.

if you cant rev it when its got no load, ie, it cuts out...its lean.

if it doesnt mind full throttle but simply wont rev up, its rich.

checking the plug is best, start with a new one... if it stays white, lean. if it goes black... rich.

drilled holes...where?

ground back piston skirt on intake side so its completely clear of intake port at tdc plus a bit, say, a quarter inch?

part of the problem with modifying a new engine...you dont know if its the engine or the mods!

noone is going to say anything about the 56mph claims? :eek:
I drilled the holes a little below the pistons rings on intake side one on top then two side by side below about a 1/4 inch wide each

Do you have a picture of how i should mod my piston

And i used the motor without the reed valve and it worked fine

there's no power to be made in reeds, it just helps with a smoother power band. power is in porting.

reeds add restriction to the intake, unless the intake happens to be DESIGNED for reeds... just like the ones used in aprilla's, yz80's etc etc etc... HUGE reeds.

Iv been tinkering with this reed valve for a while now I just got it running right on this small 20 inch bike
1461622647237-292445608.jpg

I have middle and high but lost low end I have no clue what the problem is it used to not even work at all but I threw the Del carburetor on it
1461622606463-243893711.jpg

and all of a sudden it kind of worked I don't know how to tamper with this carburetor I was wondering if you guys would know what my problem is it also does this awfull spudering when i let off the throttle or pull in the clutch or both

I am guessing you are getting 58mph on THAT speedo.
The smaller tires rotate faster at a given speed. Try a GPS?

Steve

Last edited:
I use gps android speedometer
And i did it on a highway with my girlfriend in a car for a 100% speed reading
the gauge is actually rpm
And this bike does 37mph(20"tire with 36t sprocket)
My other bike
11245524_10154348948495620_283373383770650611_o.jpg

This one does "56" mph not 58 (26"tire 29t sprocket) flat road wind behind me car in front to catch a draft
Now if my previous post could be answered id appreciate it

Back