rss reading forums - what are the forumids ??

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by ktjensen, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ktjensen

ktjensen New Member

I am using an RSS reader to get all the new posts to the forums. It works great. Just need to know what the "forumids" are for each of the sub forums, so I can subscribe to the newest posts in my RSS reader.

Any help the admin can provide would be appreciated.

2. Railfan

Railfan New Member

I could be wrong... But its how it works on most forums so I guess it'll apply here.
    The suggestions forum link is: http://motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81
    The end bits the only important bit to get the ID's- f=81 means forum id = 81, so its the last few numbers of every forum should be it. :grin5:

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

hmmm... I'm not even quite sure... Does this work?

4. ktjensen

ktjensen New Member

RSS works to give me the latest email messages, but I can not see anything from a subgroup, via forumid=xx. Just does not work.

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Hmmm... I'll tinker around in the admin panel, but I can't make any promises. I don't know squat about that stuff.

6. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

7. ktjensen

ktjensen New Member

This note tells you how to set up RSS. But RSS is already running fine. What is needed is to know what the cross reference is to each forumid, as that is not evident and easy to figure out.

Any notes of figuring out the forumid numbers from all the forums would be appreciated. It is not the same number that shows when you look at the URL of the forum.

8. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Are you sure about RSS running? I use Firefox and if I go to a site that is setup it will show an icon at the end of the address bar to subscribe. RSS sub is grayed out on IE as well

Maybe it is setup but not quite right.

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

Is there anything I can be doing on my end?