Running bad and stalling

Neufcruz

Local time
7:05 AM
Well I fired it up but at 1st it could rev with no load but when riding it gets up and goes but then bogs down . If you pin it or rev it up while moving it then starts to go faster. Now it dies after start and have to rev to keep on.
I have the stock jets in Dullar carb. Jaguar Cdi is set as it comes. Running a ngk b8hs gapped at .35
Where do I start to try and tune enough just to break it in? after that I can fine tune.
It also has a squeak while moving coming from clutch. Stops when you pull lever in.
Help, again!
Mike

Try gapping the spark plug lower. Sounds like a combustion/weak spark problem to me. I think your bike looks well built; I doubt it is a leak. The thing to try next is to jet the carb lean; I think the stock carbs come jet a bit too rich.

Will gap at .25
What jets should I get? Should I get a "kit" so I have a broad range to move up and down with accordingly? Do I need specific jets for the Dullar carb I have. I also have the stock carb that came with gt6 engine kit but was sold the dullar as as an upgrade.
Why under no load it seems to rev pretty good but under throttle, from take off good but then bogs at about half throttle?

Oh, I thought you had the stock carb in there. I am not sure about the Duller carb default settings. What color and texture is your plug? Can you idle? I think you are almost there just some adjustments.

It idled at 1st for a bit. And after a few rides around block and turning on and off etc... She then stopped idling. I pulled the plug at .35and it was a tad wet. Put a plug I had lying around. One with 3 ends. Not sure the number and bike is down stairs now but was an 8 I think. I cleaned the ngk 8 and gapped at .25 now. Will go fire it up shortly.
Do I need to check adjustments on jaguar CDI or not an issue till fine tuning.

FYI. I have a high compression head, reed valve, windowed piston, expansion pipe, dullar carb, jaguar CDI.
Once warm it fired up nicely. Even just kick starting with the pedals on stand.
Thanks again.
Mike

Does the dellorto/dullar carb use the same type of jets from a NT carb? Want yo make sure I get the tight set.

Mike

Is it performing better?
Yes a little better at .25. Still bogging at half speed and then picks up after. Did a quick pass up to 30.2mph.
Removed filter and same pass at 33.7mph.
This is with a 44t sprocket so not sure How much more it could actually get.
Anyone on if any 5mm het will work in the dellorto/dullar carb. Want to go to shop tomorrow and pick up a few different ones. I guess I will pull carb off today, remove jets and then compare before I buy.
How many numbers up and down should I go?

My thoughts is that the high compression head requires a stronger spark. You mentioned that the head was wet. Probably gas not getting completely ignited due to spark. Jetting it a bit leaner will help too. 30-34 on a 44T is pretty good and will only get better as you figure things out. Watch those revs though you are in the breaking period.

Is your spark plug an iridium or platinum?

Back