Fuel Mixture Running Ethanol+2 stroke oil?

I agree with the drill here, drill now, pay less philosphy- just makes sense- but ethanol does not have to come from food. I would hate to see the technology cut off in its infancy.

They could make ethanol much cheaper and more environmentally friendly if the USA would just allow hemp cultivation.

Alky has about 120 octane rating, thats good, will handle 15:1 compression. The trouble is it produces less BTU's per lbs. than gas. It's a poor fuel for that reason and that it absorbs water, creating a corrosion problem. Racers use it because of the octane and as they value HP over economy, it makes sense. Unless you're running outrageous compression, stick to good ol dino.

Thanks for all of the replies and info everyone. It's interesting to see different opinions and what people are accomplishing with alternative fuels.

Alky has about 120 octane rating, thats good, will handle 15:1 compression. The trouble is it produces less BTU's per lbs. than gas. It's a poor fuel for that reason and that it absorbs water, creating a corrosion problem. Racers use it because of the octane and as they value HP over economy, it makes sense. Unless you're running outrageous compression, stick to good ol dino.

They also run it because they can run it much, much richer and still get full combustion meaning that even though there is less energy per pound, they can run a lot more fuel for a higher energy output....and much, much higher fuel consumption.

Ya know, this may sound sort of "out there", but maybe we are not meant to use the internal combustion engine in the first place, maybe there is some other undiscovered way to rotate wheels instead of pushing levers and cranks in principle, or horse driven.
And I'm not talking about beeing green or hydro, or any of the usual alternatives currently propagated for and against.
I'm sure there are undiscovered forces that can be harnessed from the solar system's magnetic field principle.
The reason I say this, is because all the planets move in a circle all the time, so it seems.
Where is that energy coming from ?

Of course there is and one day it will be a reality. Unfortunately, you and I will be gone by then.

The future may be sooner than you think. There are two patented vehicles that run on compressed air. One piston type and one rotary type. Not blazing fast or great on mileage, but all you have to do is stop at the local air pump!

What pressure are they running in the storage tank, 3000 - 5000 psi. Ain't gonna get that at local gas station. Got any idea of the energy required to pump that kind of pressure?

Back