Running into a few problems installing robin/subaru kit.

torsion strap? - what do you suggest i do to attach the third part of it then. I've done 20kms on it around town seems rock sturdy to me.

i call the "3rd" part a torsion strap because it resists the backwards torsion exerted on the system. all rack-mounts NEED one.

i suggest you look at my previous post with pic...use a strong clamp of some sort and anchor it to the left-side seat-stay...

hmm yeah i could do something like that i'll have a look into it tonight.

you'll have no warranty protection without one...please, for safety and reliability, get that strap installed.

Didnt realise i had a warranty anyway. But year i'll look into something tonight too bad the strap is so long or it would be perfect to be mounted to the trek 7.3

engine isn't covered for being slammed into the ground

hehe, it's called a "hacksaw" & "drill" ;) :LOL:

i'm only joshin' ya...keep me posted :)

Last edited:
re engine slammed into the ground

well i figured that much. If it falls off on the way home i'll regard it as an acceptable loss.
Since buying the GEBE engine it seems like i took the most expensive option. It goes great dont get me wrong but $700 incl shipping is pretty expensive

it is...but when installed and operated correctly, it may well be the only money you ever spend. it seems you haven't discovered the "rack-mount" section of this forum...there is tons of good info about the golden eagle setup.

Last edited:
Back