Running into a few problems installing robin/subaru kit.

that looks pretty nice on there

here's what i would do in your case:

find a u-bolt clamp that fits the seat-tube.

give the strap a 90deg "twist"

trim or drill the strap if necessary

anchor the strap to the seat-tube by running one side of u-bolt thru strap before tightening clamp

Whats the best way to give the strap a 90deg twist?

Thanks for the help by the way

vice & pliers...or 2 sets of pliers...look closely at my pic again, i just had to twist it to meet the clamp...notice it can be a long gradual twist, nothing drastic.

Last edited:
Another Q: How big is the gas tank?

When i filled it up yesterday i only put in 0.5 Litres (canada not us) and its nearly all gone. I guess thats about 25k - 30km of riding about.

And how often should i top up the oil and what oil should I use. I did check to see if there was oil in it before i put the gas in and there was - not sure how long it takes to run out though.

Yeah i just went and read all of that.

Be interesting to see if the belt slips in wet weather.

it will not slip...i ride year-round in all conditions.

once we get you hooked up right, you're gonna love this system :cool:

Last edited:
Oh You are so lucky that this motor has not destroyed itself yet. That will be a real nice setup when you do get it going. I am really happy with my Robin Subaru even if it uses a Staton drive system. You are almost there with your install. You can add a larger gas tank or just carry a MSR fuel bottle in a water bottle cage with more gas. When I run out I just get mine off the bike and refill the tank. MSR fuel bottle

Last edited:
I cant see it destroying itself. The torsion metal strap thing just seems to look like it stops if from falling off the back as in keeps the engine up right. And i had a look at lunch time and i think if i twist it and saw a small part off i should be able to attach it soon.

Back