Russian engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Much Vodka Do You Add To The Fuel-Oil Mix?

Are you crazy? Vodka for real racers only! See it in attachment.

Attachments

• album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 406
Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to mess with one of the original Russian engines. The ones I saw for sale on Ebay were made in China, I suspect they are made with the same quality as the Happy engines. On some of the videos of the Russian's racing them I can hear the engines revving to a RPM that the happy engine will not go. The vibration would tear the happy apart, they sound more like a Morini engine than the china happy. Hammer, did the engine come as a kit or was it the whole bike? Have fun, Dave

They come as kit and as whole moped, but they have not bicycle frame, but much strong moped frame. Here are photoes of some restyled such bikes, lvovyanka and ZIF-77.

Attachments

• album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 452
  • album_picz.jpg
    album_picz.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 596
wow...I did not know you could still get kits.

are these still "D" series?

and how much do the kits cost?

You might be geared to high so the thing runs out of torque and bogs down at low rpm,never able to develop max power.Do you know what you overall ratio including any gear reduction inside the engine,it should be.Useful rule of the thumb:
R(eduction)= 800/D(isplacement).For a 45 cc engine ,R =18. If you are interested in speed: S(peed)= .075x rpm/R .For instance at 5000 rpm and R=18, S= 0.075x5000/18 or S=21 mph.On the flats you might get away with a bit lower reduction say 15.Advancing the timing may help in getting more oomph at higher rpm,at the expense of low speed performance.Two stroke engines are sensitive to timing and ignition performance in general and if the points are adjustable it's possible to get it wrong.With late timing the engine will run hot.Does the plug look OK (light tan).

Last edited by a moderator:
"HellDiver" start to move without pedals and 50 km/h on 7000 rpm, top speed unknown because it's new engine and I don't want to overload it first 700-1000 km. I got right gearing! The same gearing that D-engine :)

Tomorrow I'll have small trip above 50-60 km with my MC friends, I'll try to make video. There will be two bicycles with russian belt engines "Kometa" similar to GE, it's interesting to compare it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 378
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 393
  • album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 346
Hope u do make that video or take still pics cos i'de like to see more/know more about those Kometa's.........are they 2-stroke/4-stroke...is there a website where their for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back