Sabrewalt's GEBE Bike. First ride today.

my limited-experience opinion: that looks much better, and the belt-path is now correct :)

Good deal man, you could have been replacing your belt a little early w/ the previous config...

Made a little video of the engine start

On my RS35 GEBE kit. Pretty much first pull unless it is icy cold.. then it is 2 pulls.

Video is 16 MB.

http://cse-tech.com/gebe/

Then click on enginestart.AVI. You can either download it or play it on your computer depending on how ur player is setup.

Speed test today.

Did a speed test today.

The topspeed on a flat is 28 mph BUT. It was repeatable over and over at 26.5 MPH. IE combination of my weight/bikes weight and engine configuration seemed "comfortable" to the engine and could probably run all day there.

I am not comfortable at that speed however I looked up from my GPS and just started down the road and brought it to the speed I like to do fast cruise at and everything settled out at around 22 mph when I looked back down. That NEED for speed may increase as I get comfortable but at my age, I doubt it.

Long mild hills don't slow it down from that at ALL. I do honk the throttle a bit on the hills but that is intuitive and almost subconcious. The wicked hills(We have two in our town), it slows down to about 19mph without pedel but you can kind of tell that you ought to pedel a bit up the bad hills.

The other cool thing is that if you start out up a hill from a dead stop and get the bike up to 12 or so mph from combo of pedal and engine, you can then stop pedeling and this thing will accelerate up the hill till it finds it's happy place and between 19 and 21mph depending on the hills.

I am pleased with the kit. I actually got to use it in a "no choice" situation. Somebody sawed the catalytic converter off of my truck and I had no help, so I just loaded the GEBE up in the back of the truck and took it to the repair shop and then just motored back.

Nice SABERWALT, I'd install a back-up safety strap thingy........and watch the term " wicked" hills. Your 'wicked" hill is called a slope in these parts. I've pedaled my arse off in 3rd gear ( 21 speed mountain bike) till I come to a near stand-still, clutch rattling like moracca, dismount the bike and walk er up the last 50-100 yards. :yuck::p

Hills

Well, The angle of the specific hill is pretty steep and if it kept going like it does in your neck of the woods, it would slow down to a stop as well. I am sure I was enjoying the momentum from the speed run up on the flat. IE we have very short lived hills here. I named my hill "wicked" when it burned up my Ebike controller on a climb without peddle assist. It's all we got here.... SORRY... It sucks to be you!!!! :D

Apology extended SABRE......any hill that burns up a bike is " wicked" indeed.
BTW, I want to inspect the clutch over the winter but don't have a clue of dissassembly ( tanaka 33 cc) My thought was to perhaps install a second clutch assembly while restoring the first one and continue this rotation as necessary. I'm wondering if there isn't an exploding diagram or detailed info on removing and re-installing the clutch? Sadly, I believe my clutch may be beginning to wear.:(

Clutchs

You know I was kidding!!! this is flat country pretty much.. Perfect for this kind of bike.. I was wondering about that little tiny clutch. I imagine that riding style and terrain will have a LOT do do with how long that little thing will last. Wide open and 5mph=bad I imagine. Is the clutch part of the engine or part of the GEBE stuff??

Back