Sabrina-II has come a long way, baby!

for those who know her, i sure hope you like the latest chapter...for those who don't know s-2, trust me it's been one heck of a ride. can i get 40mph on the slat-flats with this tanaka-32? i think yes, but barely...good enuff, the fun's in being there. altho there's still some lettering on the way, she's complete & ready for the final push :cool:

Attachments

• Mvc-402f.jpg
    Mvc-402f.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 676
  • MVC-398F.JPG
    MVC-398F.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 666
  • Mvc-399f.jpg
    Mvc-399f.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 558
  • Mvc-403f.jpg
    Mvc-403f.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 552
  • MVC-396F.JPG
    MVC-396F.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 766
Ya!!buddy she's a sweet ride I'm here to tell ya rolls soooooo smooth and looks & ride's awesome!! nice job bro!

lemme tella ya about my bicycle :)

it's a plain-jane men's 5-speed "key-largo" cruiser made by miami bike supply late 80's.

it's stretched and laid-low compliments of dan (iRide Customs)

it's all about the bicycle 1st...so i kept the heavy-duty 1-pc steel crank but added a 52t chainring. 2 lengths of "pyramid" nickle-plated chain. the fork is off the diamondback (bluto) we ground the v-brake fittings off. the stem & bars are off an early 80's "usa" huffy & are genuine "wald." the wheels are velocity "triple-v"/sturmey-archer drum front/shimano coaster rear. everything (except ft sealed bearings) is goo'ed with "stay-lube" high-temp. she's a roller alright, and a sturdy one.

button-tuck leather banana courtesy of zomby builder...it's the only thing making that ungodly crouch bearable :eek:

the bling was very easy, jemma, but also quite lucky :D

ebay. "lizard-skin" grips. "wellgo" bmx pedals off some kid's bike, circa mid 80's, they still had that crumbly cellophane on 'em, brand new.

i love my bicycle!

(oh, yeah...the engine-stuff...hehe)

right now, i have my tanaka 33 doing 13500 no-load, mid-9's loaded...37-38mph. next week i'll have time to try gearing down for more rpm's. i also have a stock tanaka 40 enroute, HP carby sittin' here waiting.

:cool:

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see what your bike would do with a tuned pipe on it.

Mine is making about 35mph flat out on long straights and the engine is absolutely standard apart from the pipe. I am still using the Nitro addition on the fuel. First time start every time :) saves my poor hands.

If I have gained 3mph (10%) top end on a relatively tight engine you might be looking at 10-11% so maybe 42mph flat out. The only issue I can see is the added drag it would make. Although, since it would be behind your leg.. I doubt it would make much difference.

I dont know what my engine is doing RPM wise - Im thinking maybe 8500-9000 full power.

Both of these two bikes are making the same speeds as the 98cc Villiers autocycles which considering they are less than 1/3rd the displacement is pretty impressive.

I think the high performance carb might squeeze a little more performance out of my bike, but to be honest I have enough performance that I can cruise at reasonable speeds. I dont think I need any more performance for sensible use.

graphics!

thank you, mark in NM!!
MVC-432F.JPGMVC-434F.JPGMVC-435F.JPGMVC-436F.JPG

tomorrow, over to don's for the windshield :cool:

:eek:Holy Motoredbikes!! That's quite a transformation. I thought it was hard to improve on something great, but that's awesome!

Great job Augi:cool:

Back