Sachs Moped Motor conversions!?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pylonflyer, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pylonflyer

pylonflyer New Member

Is anyone using the Old School Sachs 504/1A 47cc motors for bike conversions? I have one in great shape and am on the fence whether or not to go through the headache of modding out my bike to mount. I have a line on one of the CH80 motors if I don't use this one.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

that looks perfect for a rack mount, running the chain straight to rear sprocket also for a trike.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

that Sacks looks like a winner -- long time proven engine there

keep us up dated regarding said project

get it up and --- ride that MB thing

4. pylonflyer

pylonflyer New Member

I had thought of doing a rear rack mount but after contemplating the mod-job I lack the tools to do it right. I think I am going to sell the Sachs and go for a standard conversion set up for the first bike. I have been checking out a lot of the projects here and anxious to put two wheels to pavement. I have waaay too many projects begging me for limited time. :)

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

you can make uprights of all thread. use the original mounting points. attatch the allthread. one pait to the axle and the other to some sort of attatchment. install a ht drive ring and you are there. if nothing else keep the motor for later.

6. pylonflyer

pylonflyer New Member

Not quite getting the visual.... ;) ht drive ring? one pait to the axle!?

7. stude13

stude13 Active Member

drive ring is the rear axle sprocket. pait=pair in some world, sorry. sell the motor and get a wizzer.